Just finished putting my 29er together.

I am psyched! This thing is really fun to ride. Just a bit faster than the 26+ I was borrowing, and a good size for riding around on dirt roads and for my short commute.

And it’s pretty light - the total weight is 13.5 lbs with the handle, which is a bit lighter than the stock KH29 build with no handle. I think that mostly comes from using a MTB rim and tire. I don’t need as much strength as a proper muni rider since I’m not interested in taking on really tough singletrack on this, plus I don’t need the weight of a braking surface for rim brakes.

But the main reason I went with a rim and tire from the MTB world is that they have gotten tubeless down to a science in the past couple of years. Especially running WTB rim and WTB tire on this build - it was the easiest tubeless setup I’ve ever done. I used my compressor but I think I could’ve gotten the bead sealed with just a floor pump if I had to.

Specs:
KH29 frame
Nimbus hub
WTB Scraper i45 rim
WTB Ranger 3.0 tire
KH Spirit Cranks
Coker Pi Bar with MTB stem for extension

Very cool

Are you messing with us ? You left out a small detail description. The seat… That looks extremly nice. Comfy. Different. I have seen recent conversations about seats. This looks like a “bike” type. What is it. I’m really thinking more about trying a similar style seat. Did it fit right out of the box ? Nice build. Jeff c

So the whole story behind the seat is in this thread. But here’s the basics:

1. 27.2 BIKE seat post
  2. Bike seat
  3. 27.2-28.6 shim on seat post
  4. Regular MTB stem mounted to shim
  5. Coker Pi Bar mounted to other end of stem (with 22.2-25.4 shim)

Here’s a closeup of the bar setup (all the notations are accurate except that my new KH frame has a 27.2 seat post so that shim is different):

27.2 is a common bike seat post diameter so that’s an easy swap to make. Then two shims make the MTB stem compatible with the Coker bar. That extends it and also makes my legs hit it less.

I really like the setup - it’s harder to ride than a regular uni seat, but worth it. Most of that difficulty is just me getting used to riding with a handle, which I hadn’t done before.