JRM - airport security

JRM,

We’re about to leave for Vegas on Tuesday, and my girlfriend just asked
if we were still allowed to put padlocks on our checked-in luggage.

What’s the scoop?

-Mike K.

Re: JRM - airport security

On Sunday 20 July 2003 06:48 pm, Mike King wrote:

>
> JRM,
>
> We’re about to leave for Vegas on Tuesday, and my girlfriend just asked
> if we were still allowed to put padlocks on our checked-in luggage.
>
> What’s the scoop?

Not a good idea for the most part.

If they need to open the bag, they will page you, and you have to go where
ever they check the bags and unlock the bags. You could miss your flight.

If you leave out of a small airport where they check your bags while your
standing there you can ask them to lock your bags when they are done.


John R. Marshall

The Hotrodding Network is Back!

Re: JRM - airport security

John R. Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 20 July 2003 06:48 pm, Mike King wrote:
>
>>We’re about to leave for Vegas on Tuesday, and my girlfriend just asked
>>if we were still allowed to put padlocks on our checked-in luggage.
>
> Not a good idea for the most part.

Thanks. We had padlocks last year when we went to Paris, and there were
no problems. Wasn’t sure if they actually made any laws, etc.

Kind of sucks that you can’t secure your luggage. Just another drawback
of the Federal Government making every US citizen a suspected terrorist,
I guess.

-Mike K.

Re: JRM - airport security

On Sunday 20 July 2003 09:00 pm, Mike King wrote:

> Thanks. We had padlocks last year when we went to Paris, and there were
> no problems. Wasn’t sure if they actually made any laws, etc.
>
> Kind of sucks that you can’t secure your luggage. Just another drawback
> of the Federal Government making every US citizen a suspected terrorist,
> I guess.

Well there is nothing secure with softsided luggage. I forgot to mention
ZipTies, They actualy work better than locks. (BTW did you know that most
of the luggage locks use the same key?)


John R. Marshall

The Hotrodding Network is Back!

Re: JRM - airport security

John R. Marshall wrote:
>
> Well there is nothing secure with softsided luggage. I forgot to mention
> ZipTies, They actualy work better than locks. (BTW did you know that most
> of the luggage locks use the same key?)

Actually, yes. And they are simple to pick. That why we’ve used
combination locks in the past. I was more concerned about travelling
internationally, I’m sure we’ll be fine within the country. So I’ll
leave the locks off this week. (except our carry-on)

-Mike K.

Re: JRM - airport security

I’ve been on six flights in the last two months (one of them to and out of
Vegas), and three different times I saw other people in line having issues
over having a lock on their bag. I wouldn’t do it…


Jay Tierney

“Mike King” <webdiscuss@webcodefocus.com> wrote in message
news:bffbip$lf0$1@www.darklock.com
>
> JRM,
>
> We’re about to leave for Vegas on Tuesday, and my girlfriend just asked
> if we were still allowed to put padlocks on our checked-in luggage.
>
> What’s the scoop?
>
> -Mike K.
>

Re: JRM - airport security

I had to fly down to New Orleans a few weeks back (for a job training class)
and I was chosen as the lucky few to be randomly searched. :frowning:

That sucks because they do it right there with everyone looking at you like
you did something wrong…


Tom B.

“Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
news:bfhaph$pe1$1@www.darklock.com
> I’ve been on six flights in the last two months (one of them to and out of
> Vegas), and three different times I saw other people in line having issues
> over having a lock on their bag. I wouldn’t do it…
>
> –
> Jay Tierney
>
>
>
>
>
> “Mike King” <webdiscuss@webcodefocus.com> wrote in message
> news:bffbip$lf0$1@www.darklock.com
> >
> > JRM,
> >
> > We’re about to leave for Vegas on Tuesday, and my girlfriend just asked
> > if we were still allowed to put padlocks on our checked-in luggage.
> >
> > What’s the scoop?
> >
> > -Mike K.
> >
>
>

Re: JRM - airport security

Well at least everyone also sees that they find nothing. :wink:

Tom B. wrote:
> I had to fly down to New Orleans a few weeks back (for a job training class)
> and I was chosen as the lucky few to be randomly searched. :frowning:
>
> That sucks because they do it right there with everyone looking at you like
> you did something wrong…
>

Re: JRM - airport security

Yeah, but you would think the full cavity strip search would go on behind
closed doors. j/k :slight_smile:


Tom B.

“Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
news:3F1D4CD0.9090108@darklock.com
> Well at least everyone also sees that they find nothing. :wink:
>
> Tom B. wrote:
> > I had to fly down to New Orleans a few weeks back (for a job training
class)
> > and I was chosen as the lucky few to be randomly searched. :frowning:
> >
> > That sucks because they do it right there with everyone looking at you
like
> > you did something wrong…
> >
>

Re: JRM - airport security

Well if the person that did it was cute … And if you are into
that kind of thing … hehe
-Aaron

“Tom B.” <dbryant1@sport.rr.com> wrote in message
news:bfjl0h$9ff$1@www.darklock.com
> Yeah, but you would think the full cavity strip search would go on behind
> closed doors. j/k :slight_smile:
>
> –
> Tom B.
>
>
> “Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
> news:3F1D4CD0.9090108@darklock.com
> > Well at least everyone also sees that they find nothing. :wink:
> >
> > Tom B. wrote:[color=darkred]
> > > I had to fly down to New Orleans a few weeks back (for a job training
> class)
> > > and I was chosen as the lucky few to be randomly searched. :frowning:
> > >
> > > That sucks because they do it right there with everyone looking at you
> like
> > > you did something wrong…
> > >
> >
>
>[/color]