I've finally found myself some cable spools...

After many months of looking (or rather just keeping an eye open for them) I’ve finally found some cable spools. Three to be precise. At lunch time today at school I saw the cable spools in a big miniskip (huge metal bin). I walked to the car (luckily Mum was picking me up today) with all three piled up on top of each other because I was already late, piled them into the car and rode home feeling very uncomfortable with the seat all the way forward.

Now I have to wait until monday to test them out because my frame’s still out being powder coated. I’ve always wanted cable spools!

Andrew

miscellaneous - cable spools.jpg

Re: I’ve finally found myself some cable spools…

[QUOTE Originally posted by andrew_carter]

I walked to the car (luckily Mum was picking me up today) with all three piled up on top of each other because I was already late, piled them into the car and rode home feeling very uncomfortable with the seat all the way forward.

Hey Andrew! What sort of your mum’s car is it. A small Hatchback or what. If they were mine also, I’d be turning them into a Coffee Table or a Outdoor Setting. Keep us to date on what you be doing with the barrels on Monday. I’d love to see what you will do, Jumping up on one of them or whatever.
David.

David,

Mum’s car is a Toyota Camry sedan but the boot was full with a couple of big bags of mulch for the garden. I’m planning to use them for trials. I’ll put them together with my other trials obstacles like milk crates and my sandwich board and practice my gapping and hopping (up onto things). I’ll tell you how I go.

Andrew

[QUOTE Originally posted by andrew_carter ]

David,

Mum’s car is a Toyota Camry sedan but the boot was full with a couple of big bags of mulch for the garden. I’m planning to use them for trials. I’ll put them together with my other trials obstacles like milk crates and my sandwich board and practice my gapping and hopping (up onto things). I’ll tell you how I go.

Andrew

Pheeeeeeeeew! OK mate. Stay in one piece and keep out the mulch will ya.
David.

Those spools look really small.
Is it just me?

the size does not matter.

i have to admit tho, when i think of cable spools, i think of something about the size of a car, not something of which u can fit three into the back of a toyota
then again, i dont want to try n jump off anything the size of a car, let alone jump up it

those seem to be the perfect size
good find andrew
are u going to name them?

:wink:

Make sure you brace them up so they don’t fall apart on you. The little cable spools aren’t as strong as you think and even the larger ones need to be braced to keep them from falling apart when they’re used a trials props.

sorry
that post was actually me
a friend of mine (and co-founder of GUS - he came up with the name) registered on this machine and ,clean forgetting that he was still the logged-in user, i went about my merry posting ways
i tried to delete the post in the edit option but the system kept telling me that i’m not allowed to do that
sorry about that
:frowning:

is that your yard in the background? from what little i can see, sure looks very nice. complements to the grounds keeper.

In article <andrew_carter.jwyfa@timelimit.unicyclist.com>,
andrew_carter <andrew_carter.jwyfa@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:
)
)David,
)
)Mum’s car is a Toyota Camry sedan but the boot was full with a couple of
)big bags of mulch for the garden. I’m planning to use them for trials.

Please, no more flower destruction!
-Tom

Scott,
Those bricks are normal size bricks so yes the cable spools would be the size you’re thinkign of. They’re perfect for what I’m doing as Dave said. It’s not the size that matters, it’s what you do with them :).

John,
Thanks. I was planning on bracing them. How many upright planks should I use? 4 maybe? I’ve got the perfect bits of wood in the backyard.

greyhairedguy (sorry I don’t know your name),
That’d be Mum. I’ll pass on your compliment. See the little bonsai my brother and I got her for her birthday? Bonsai’s are great.

Tom,
I’d never do that to Mum’s garden!

Andrew

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:14:25 -0600, andrew_carter
<andrew_carter.k00dp@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>Bonsai’s are great.
I thought bonsais are small? :thinking: :slight_smile:

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

"Three dog night (attributed to Australian Aborigines) came about because on especially cold nights these nomadic people needed three dogs (dingos, actually) to keep from freezing. "

I must say, I didn’t see that one coming! :slight_smile: