I've been uniing for 1 month!!

Today is my 1 month anniversary of getting my first unicycle. And, I’m just starting to feel comfortable up on it (well, maybe that’s stretching the truth a bit). I wanted to say thank you for all your help. I just did a 250 ft run the other day on paved driveway and then down a 35-40 degree sloped backyard for 50 ft. I had no idea I could ride down that, I just ran out of pavement and didn’t want to stop. Muni here I come! :smiley:

Oh, thanks again. You guys really have helped me. Now, I guess, I better learn freemounting.

thanx for the update!
when r u buying your next uni?

Probably a lot sooner than I had originally intended. What I have now could fall apart any second (24", by the way). I got it as a present and it was bought off ebay. They call it a gravity designs, but from what I can tell it is savage looking. Savage seat with lollypop bearing holders (that what they’re called). Oh, and it came with a 200mm seatpost. I’m 6 foot. Took me a couple days to figure out something was wrong with that. It is also starting to sqeak a bit. So, once I figure out freemounting (and destroy the seat in the process), I’ll probably need a new one.

Any suggestions? I am a large rider (220 pounds), and I mostly do paved paths but I’ll ride down a grassy hill or two. I don’t plan on doing drops, but I want to continue learning skills (ie. wheelwalk, glide, coast…:stuck_out_tongue: ). Oh, I’d like a 24". I’ve been looking at the XL Adult Trainer and the Semcycle XL mostly. Any reviews or comments?

I have used (and abused) by sem XL for a long time. It really is a great uni. Good Luck
-kap

Re: I’ve been uniing for 1 month!!

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:21:31 -0500, jdkimble
<jdkimble.aviga@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>I just did a 250 ft run the other day on paved driveway and then
>down a 35-40 degree sloped backyard for 50 ft.

Was that the temperature? I can’t believe you would casually ride down
such a WAY steep slope after one month of riding experience.

Klaas Bil

If you had this signature, I have forged it.

Casually? No. But, I had just got done watching the Universe video and was feeling daring. It was a nice, grassy, obstacle free,smooth slope. (But steep!) I figured the worst that would happen is that I would have to bail. And that is what happened. First time I bailed to my rear end. Second time, flew/jumped off the front and went for a little run/tumble down the hill.

My goal is to make it down the entire 100-150 ft hill. We’ll see what happens this weekend.