ive been unicycling for 4 days

Which hand do you have free? It’s probably better to hop towards your free hand in case of a bail, you can catch yourself. I hop away from my free hand which is why I am learning the other way. If you hop towards your free hand there is no need to change…

i hop to thel eft and my free hand is my left so i suppose thats good

Yeah, just make sure that if you bail, don’t put your left arm out straight and tense becasue you could easily hurt your arm when it is rigid.

i learned to hop up curbs about a month, i think, after i learned to hop. You’re doin g great to be that good in 4 days! you must be practicing for many hours a day.

It is a buzz to learn some new skills within a few days, but its pretty normal I think.

For example, on my first day within a few minutes I was hopping up curbs confidently, and freemounting within a few hours. It’s all pretty simple stuff, but I can understand that you want to show off about it a little :roll_eyes: , I sure as hell was boasting a bit because I learnt to do almost all the basics within the first day. But it’s actually not uncommon at all. :wink:

Learning trials moves for me was all VERY simple, as I did biketrials. Crankgrabs took me 5 minutes literally, and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t take you that time as well. Pedal grabs are a little harder but can be learnt in 10 minutes if you put your mind to it.

^I say try out those moves for now, and you’ve pretty much got all the basic trials techniques you need. Then try unispins if you want, which also takes 5 minutes to learn.

However quickly I learnt the above, I can not even pull off a crankflip or zeroplant for the life of me, after practising a day, but I have pulled off donkeykicks and 1-foot donkey kicks already, which is rather odd. :frowning: , but then again I don’t do street.

I hop with my right foot forwards, holding the saddle right handed, and hopping to the right. I’m am going to start working on hopping to the left as good as I do the right. I also am trying to leaarn to hop as good withmy left foot forwards. it gives me something towork at so I think it is sort of fun

well at the moment its been about 5 or 6 hours a day, but now the rains come its about 1 hour a day lol. ok ill learn to hop with seat in front, and then ill try crankgrabs, thnx for the tips guys. ill be a fully fledged trials rider in a week lol ok maybe not more like a year