IUF rules for long-jumping

I want to make an official long-jump thing to guage my jumps more accurately, where are the rules for it, I looked at the IUF rules for a while and couldn’t find them.
does anyone know where I can see them, or how to make an official style setup?

just get two lines. You have to hop before the first line and land after the second one. You can have a measuring tape line going down the side of it and a camera at the landing line to show if you made it.

isn’t there something to do with two 1x2s and ropes (and a tape)? … I have wood at my disposal

Oh i just thought that if you had a geared uni you could hop alot further. like a 1:2 ratio you could fly. I wish i had one :frowning:

Page 15.
http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/

Make sure you’re looking at the 2006 rulebook.

Use the “stick” method (strict judging) if you’re trying to be accurate. Remember you need at least one person on the ground to monitor whether the sticks moved. Video if you think you have a record.

For practicing, all you need is a line on the ground, and at least one person to note your takeoffs and landings. But the sticks are still a lot more accurate.

nope, it doesn’t work that way, well you could launch farther but it would be rediculous to land. you would have to sucessfully change gears in midair

thank you, i mostly just want the thing so that i know exactly my limit, and if its better than the record then it is, but if its not, thats fine as well.

hmmmm, the sticks in the record look bigger than 1cm… w/e it only makes it harder…

so here is what it says if anyone else wants to know, thank you johnfoss

if I put strings on the sides of it, i should be able to tell the distance much better

2.30 LONG JUMP
This event is similar to the track and field version, where the rider jumps as far as possible from a start line, to a landing
without a dismount. The rider must then continue riding across a finish line to show control. Riders jump from a line
marked on the ground, and one or more observers mark their point of landing. Riders must ride at least 3 meters before
jumping, and may ride any additional distance to gather speed. Riders may jump with the wheel going forward or sideways.
After landing, the rider must stay in control of the unicycle for the remainder of a five-meter distance from the start line
without dismounting, or touching a hand to the ground or any other object. If the tire touches the jump line before takeoff, it
counts as a foul. Riders may break off in a run up to the line, but if they jump, the attempt counts, including fouls. If riders
break off, they must start again from before the Start line. Riders get two attempts. The farthest non-fouling, successful
jump is recorded.
2.30.1 UNICYCLES:
Same as for High Jump. NOTE: In addition to the required safety gear for racing, helmets are required.
2.30.2 SETUP:
The riding area consists of a start line, behind which riders must start their attempt, a jump line, and a finish line approximately
3 meters beyond the riders’ landing point. Riders must ride or hop across the finish line for the attempt to count.
Successfully crossing the finish line is judged the same as in racing (see Section 2.6). A minimum of 10 meters must be
allowed before the start line for riders to accelerate.
2.30.3 BASIC JUDGING:
Long Jump judges must be trained, and practice before judging actual competitors. The basic method is to use two judges;
one on each side of the rider’s path. A single judge is acceptable for smaller competitions. A third judge is recommended
for watching the takeoff line. Judges must watch for the exact landing point of the tire. Measurement is taken from the
rearmost point of the tire’s initial contact with the ground. If the two judges disagree on the landing point, measurement is
made from the one closest to the start line.
2.30.4 STRICT JUDGING:
For large competitions, close competitions or for setting new records, a more objective measuring system can be used. This
involves takeoff and landing markers to confirm the rider has cleared the measured distance. The markers should be simiar
in shape to a meter stick, and be at least one meter in width (across the runway), no more than 1 centimeter in height (above
the runway), and no less than 3 centimeters in depth (front to back). All other rules remain the same, but the rider must
clear both markers without touching them for the event to count. Jump distance is measured between the outer edges of the
two markers.
2.30.5 STRICT FINALS:
If basic judging is used in a large competition, a final round can be held using the strict method to make a clear determination
of the winners. The riders posting the top five distances in the preliminary round move on to the final, and do incremental
jumps of the two markers until they make two unsuccessful attempts at the same distance. The distance of their
longest previous jump is recorded and the furthest of those is the winner.