Issuing a challenge ;0)

Contains asterisks and rudeness. Children and the delicate read no further.

Out riding on the Coker this evening, I went past a group of a dozen or so kids who simply laughed exaggeratedly, intending to convey derision, but actually conveying a lack of imagination or manners.

One of them suddenly strang a sentence together and said, ‘Are you going to the circus?’

I was tempted to say, ‘But I’ve only just got to the zoo,’ but I decided it was too subtle, and just a bit risky as I’d be back soon. So I said, ‘Look, I’ll be back in 10 minutes. See if you can come up with something I’ve not heard before.’

As I rode off, one fulfilled the letter if not the spirit of the challenge by shouting, ‘Does your granny suck your nob?’

Bluffing, I replied, ‘Nope, I’ve heard that one. try again.’

10 minutes later on my return trip, I was sternly looking their way and they were all engrossed in looking away from me. Apparently 10 minutes’ brain storming had failed to produce a humorous gem, .

Then as I rode away, one said, just loud enough for me to hear, ‘Tw*t!’ As I’d heard that one before too, I think I won.

And for those worried about my granny, she doesn’t. :0)

some kid on mountain bikes once asked me if i could do a wheelie
i said “look at that bench over there, can you get onto it on your mountain bike?”
“no” said one of them,

i then indulged myself in a vulgar act of showing off, then rode away without saying anything else.

i saw them later when i was playing on some steps and they wouln’t leave me alone for ages asking me questions about unicycling.

it was a funny day that day, later on i met a rocket scientist who rode a unicycle. at first i thought he might be harper.

Challenge

On the Muni ride i went on this weekend, i believe there were two bikers wh asked if me and Mr.Wallis could climb a short, but fairly steep hill or bump you could say since it want really a hill. If i am correct I think Mr. Wallis made it, but i didnt. I got close then lost momentum. they didnt laugh though, they seemed to be impressed.

There is some little retard that keeps asking me if I can make him some balloon animals and I can’t think of a good response to shut him up. Any suggestions?

Re: Issuing a challenge ;0)

I’ve been practising on a hill near my house that
is about 0.3 miles long and about 175 feet high
(avg. 11% grade), and people have started
following me in their cars to see if I can make it.
(Most of the bicyclists walk up or avoid it.)

After one such attempt, I turned into a cul de sac,
and promptly UPD’d. A car sat there, and I thought
that he was trying to drive into the driveway, so I
told him to go ahead. He said no, he was waiting
to watch me try again!

And yes, I almost made it up the hill today without
UPD, but not on that particular try.

When I conquer this one, I’m moving down the
street to one that is .63 miles long and about 375
feet high (>11% avg grade). The cool thing about
that hill is the automatic radar machine that gives
your speed! If I get a ticket going too fast, I’ll
frame it!

rammstein: There is some little retard that keeps asking me if I can make him some balloon animals and I can’t think of a good response to shut him up. Any suggestions?

keep an uninflated balloon in your pocket and when he asks u again hand it over and tell him it’s a worm

alternatively, if anyone ever asks u if u do balloon modelling, say yes, drape a balloon over your shoulder, mince down the imagined ramp, turn and mince back
u can drop the fake smile just after u turn

,-)

I’ve seen balloon modellers (or whatever you call them) at corporate type events make balloon genitals that are worn as hats. Learn to make one of those, hand it to him and say “Especially for you, dick head”:stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun!

Graeme

Say “No.”

If they demand an explanation, you can inform them that they are mixing up unicyclists with people who make balloon animals. Though some unicyclists do, they are the exception, and not the rule.

(I could never get air into those stupid things without using a pump… :-P)

I just got an odd look after reading that and laughing out loud…

:D:D:D

Phil, just me

Alright, thanks. Now I just need to find a good balloon. I wish I could be this creative.

>Alright, thanks. Now I just need to find a good balloon. I wish I could be this creative.

that was culled from experience and not original. (i wish it was…:frowning: )

>i then indulged myself in a vulgar act of showing off, then rode away without saying anything else.

now THAT is eloquence

:slight_smile: