ISO: 27.5" Muni

Do it! You wont regret it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe your wife is feeling left out. Buy her a uni as well and all will be good.

5 Likes

Marco, maybe @MAD4ONE should offer this option Trek used to offer in their shops… :smile:

4 Likes

I have a QaAx 27.5 that’s virtually new. It has Magura rim brake mounts. I have a Magura brake set I can include as well but you’d need the under seat mount. PM me if you’re interested.

What country are you in?

Thanks, I really need a disc brake, where I plan on riding, magura brakes were problematic when I rode with them.

I’m in the US. Portland, OR.

Seattle.

Personal preference. Good luck on your hunt.

I got into Muni before disc brakes. All mine had magura brakes until the mountainuni system came out. In the places I rode, the maguras seemed to constantly have issues and get gummed up with mud.
The discs were night and day, so a little more than personal preference, but yeah, I definitely prefer discs.

@Tirving This other thread has a pretty good deal for most of a 27.5 muni: 27.5 MUni parts

You’d still have to buy a break, spokes (maybe), spoke nipples, and pedals. But you’d be getting lot for $175 + shipping.

If you’re interested, you’ll have to fight @Gockie for it.

1 Like

Good idea
:slightly_smiling_face:
Do you need it?
:wink:
Ciao

2 Likes

It’s looking like I’m not going to be able to get anything better than a new Mad4One Muni. :wink:
Especially since I’d be getting the handle saddle anyway, no matter what Muni I get.

It’s a really good uni.
I’m less of a fan of the saddle handle, I think I have to change the foam shaping to make it right. It is a really strong saddle though, as strong as the uni frame.

Before I took a break from Muni, I had a carbon NNC seat (flat, no curve), I made a custom foam top for it out of varying layers/densities of minicell that resembled the Mad4One handle saddle. Without the front of the seat, that thing is pretty much perfect for me and I will definitely shape a custom foam top for it if the one that comes with it isn’t perfect :slight_smile:
I should have sold my NNC, I had a custom, curved handle with a delrin ball end on it. I definitely should have kept it…

I actually have a 27.5 Mad4One, it’s an amazing unicycle. Sadly, I had to stop riding right after I bought it so it had not had a full ride except around a parking lot. I would consider selling mine. But Marco and crew do good by their customers and you wouldn’t regret buying from them.

I’m interested for sure. Message me details and what you need to get for it. I’m in Portland, OR.

That saddle looks uncomfortable curved. Are they interchangeable with KH and Nimbus saddles?

I am pretty sure they work with most uni seatposts. I suspect the curve is similar to a lot of the more traditionally curved seats. Flatter seats really just started coming to the market over the last 8-ish years. Before I stopped Muni a while back, the only flat seat was the carbon NNC, KH just came out with the flat version of their seat when I sold my last uni.
My issue is… I really want the Mad4One Saddle Handle seat, so if I buy used, I am going to have to drop close to $200 for the seat, if I buy a uni from them, it’s a $94 upgrade… this sucks for me :slight_smile:
I actually cut an old uni seat back and padded in up like the Mad4One handle saddle back in the day and used it with a rail mount with a custom welded handle on it. It worked perfectly for me, but the plastic base eventually broke as I cut it back to close to the mount :frowning:
Saddles : Unaruota.com the number one Producer of high-end Unicycles and Unicycle-Spareparts, Unicycles and Unicycle spareparts, the State of the Art of unicycling

This topic was automatically closed after 182 days. New replies are no longer allowed.