is udc trust worthy

I’ve only had excellent experiences with UDC and can’t recommend them enough.

From their site

That sentence in orange totally overrides all other statements. If you say that and then don’t comply that is not right.

It says unused condition. That means they want it to still look like it is new. that means you can ride it to test it out and if you finda naything wrong, you clean it up and send it back. It doesnt mean you can try it to see whats wrong with it.

They are very trustworthy. They make mistakes just like everybody else, but they always correct it in a satisfactory manner.

First off, it’s likely that greater than 95% of all the members on this forum have ordered something from UDC. If their service was not satisfactory, there would be a lot of talk about it, since they’re one of the only real unicycle suppliers.

That having been said, I have ordered a few different things from them. I broke the KH seatpost within a month of purchase, and they sent me a different seatpost very promptly, no questions asked. It was even out of their ‘30-day’ policy.

Always one in every crowd. :roll_eyes: They have bent over backwards, and taken it in the chin many times to make customers happy. Be sure that they read this forum, but are far to gracious to respond to these kind of criticisms. I can assure you that the customer is not always right. The Drummunds are more than fair in their dealings with customers.

In all probability, a unicycle that has been sat on in the kitchen would likely be able to be returned. But one ridden and dropped repeatedly would not be accepted for a return. I say its better to have a “once ridden” policy, than to have someone try to ride, decide that isn’t for them and have hundreds of damaged unicycles laying around the warehouse. I would say the majority of the unicycles they sell are to first time riders, and they are the most likely to try and return a unicycle after realizing they are too lazy to learn.

Personally, I think they are way to accommodating to a bunch of whiners that want something for nothing. I have overheard conversations with customers a time or two while picking up stuff from their store. I leave in disbelief at some of the things they have done for customers. I have seen them overnight a unicycle to a customer at their own expense to correct a mistake. I would never do that, and most companies are similar. That just isn’t going to happen. Fed Ex and UPS will rarely do it, and they can do it at cost.

I ordered two 12" sun unicycles from UDC in the hope that my 3 year old twin daughters will learn to ride in the next year or two (hope grew anew when I saw the 4 year old riding at NAUCC 2006). The unicycles came with cranks that were about a 1/2" longer than they were suppose to be. They acted like a kickstand. I emailed them with a picture and they sent out two sets of shorter cranks. I think Sun had shipped them to UDC with the wrong cranks. Anyway, they took care of the problem with no hassle at all.

Also, they were at NAUCC 2006. I asked them about getting a shorter seat post because the girls still could not reach the pedals. I only had one of the unicycles with me, but they took it to see what they could do with it. I thought they were going to cut the seat post, but they ended up putting a very short post on it and giving me back my original seat post - no charge. I asked if they just wanted to swap seatposts, but they said that I could keep the seat post so the girls could still use the unicycle a little longer after they outgrow the short post. Then to top it off, they said they would ship out another short post for the other unicycle. Sure enough, they did. Also at no charge. They went way beyond the call of duty and their love for unicycling shows in their service. Also John Drummond spent a lot of his own time at NAUCC adjusting people’s unicycles for them.

They are definately trustworthy in my book and I highly recommend them.

Hugh

Denial, Fear, Bargaining, Anger, Acceptance

:smiley:

Totally agree, and I am happy to buy things from UDC. I felt the need to post mainly to vent. I think I am better now. However, If you guys had heard the phone conversation I had with UDC you’d probably understand alot better. But, it was probably just one person having a bad day. It’s not like I would stop buying from UDC who else sells unis in the US?

I wonder why someone started this thread? Were they getting ready to use UDC for the first time? Or did they have an issue from a prior purchase:D.

Am a happy UDC customer.
I love their return policy if item is defective or not happy with it.
Amy went above and beyond her calling to call the post office to get my item delivered at my home… wow what a service!

I believe it’s because it’s a family business, their service is second to none.
Are the UK and US store the same owner? I wonder. :roll_eyes:

are you stupid ?

Yep, UDC is very trustworthy.

I have only bought a frame form UDC, but it was shipped quickly, and with extra parts, great packaging of the frame, stickers, and some other stuff about unicycling. Most places just quickly wrap something up and ship it out with not much care. UDC does care, and it shows with everything they do.

They have also answered all my e-mails and questions with great detail, and I got my reponses from them within a day at the max.

UDC is the best in caring for their costumers, when something goes wrong, they fix, they treat every customer as family and offer the best in all things unicycling.

Really max, is that the best you can add to this thread? Try to do better son, or at least count to 10 before giving in to your impulse to click Submit Reply and subject us to more of your drivel.

haahah
thats totaly true

Well buddy sorry but when a companie has there own website and that it is a legit as it is, when they have a 1800 # and all that I mean you can see by your self that they are trustworthy and u dont need fricken 324242342 persons to tell u ? or am I wrong you have those issues too right ? yeah yeah yeah stfu now.

They put a packet of lollies in the box with my freeride when i bought it from Germany :D. UDC NZ sent my Nimbus 26" from their Australia shop/warehouse just so it would get to me a few days earlier.

UDC NZ/AU and UDC Germany are all great people, so i’m guessing UDC USA are just as good.

Sam

It’s really nice to hear that UDC in all countries is equally caring and enthusiastic to serve their customers.

it seems so rare these days to find a company where you can speak to someone who actually values your custom at all! It’s unbelievably nice when every so often I find a company that actually makes a real effort to serve ordinary customers, purchasing standard goods (as opposed to requiring you to pay them piles of money first!).

Rock on, UDC!

i think UDC is trust worthy because they are unicyclist selling for unicyclist

UDC is trustworthy because they have their own acronym.

Municycle.com is VETY thrustable.
I orderd mine costum trialsuni there and they send it the day after order.
Best part was I didn’t payed the bill before shipping.

Peter M

UDC is great!

I believe the manufactures of unicycles, at least the lower/entree price ones play the odds that most of the unicycles sold will never really be used. Many of these unicycles have problems (bad bearings, bad rims, bad wheels). If you bought your ride at UDC, you only need give them a call and problems get fixed.