Is Trials riding dying?

I have some trials footage of me from last summer that I have yet to show the world :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t decide whether to keep it for a longer vid or just throw it on youtube as it is now (maybe 2 min. long).

What would you guys prefer?

Aawww, thanks:)
I can hop, but can’t get higher than 4 inches. Been hopping for 2 months now…You’re right.ill get there

Show it now.

I don’t like long vids(unless they are really really good). 2 minutes is plenty.

i like riding trials. I am more of a big street rider though, screw tricks, they take too much time to learn, im going to launch off a 13 set and do a 360 … does that look better or does a treyflip down an easy 5 set look better?
you be the judge

trials rocks, you can get better doing what you like, not taking time from your normal riding to devote to a trick, thats why I STILL can’t do 360spins, i just don’t care enough. I could go outside and practice for 20 minuites and nail it, but i would much rather go jump up a HUGE 4 set that I made it up yesterday.

basically I am a seat in- rolling trials rider.
yeahhhh
WOOOHOOO
i just inspired myself to go ride

Trials is what inspired me, and what I feel in love with. It will never die.

OMG you’re cheating on Sarah! Naughty trialsist!

lol!

Is this thread dying?

(good, because Trials is doing just fine)

Are you dying?

(sad, because you are a valuable member of the unicyclist community)

Hmm, Sera… or Trials… So hard to choose!!! lol

Well at least you’re riding both.

But which one can I get the highest height with? That’s what it all comes down to. :roll_eyes:

I envy you trials guys (and gals) While I’d enjoy getting into trials I just can’t afford to take the risk. At 44, a wife and 4 kids I just can’t afford an injury that would keep me out of work. I keep myself content with Muni and distance riding so I’m not complaining.

i sure as hell hope it ISN’T dying…
I’m getting better at that stuff.

Trials is cool, if you do tricks in trials lines then its way better.

I think that the popularity trials is growing equally alongside street. However, that’s totally different than the popularity of videos, which have been way more about street riding in the last while. Plus, a lot of beginning riders who consider themselves street riders are really doing urban trials, because at a basic level it’s easier.

Urban riding (trials or street) is definately growing faster right now than natural terrain riding, mostly because that’s what most people have access to. Hopefully the pure urban riders out there will travel a bit and do some natural stuff too. It’s so much easier to stay motivated when you do a lot of different kinds of riding.

Kris

yep, Kris has hit the nail on the head, thats exactly wats goin on i rekon…

ofcourse its Kris stating wats goin on lol, but yea Trials is still wat i will do, i dont find street as entertaining for me as trials is to me

Thanx all for answering my qstion in many ways haha

I still ride,
Hard, and often.
Trials is not dead, as long as people want to challenge themselves on what they can ride, instead of how they ride it.
Also, There is a much larger influence of street-type stuff. Look how huge skating, bmx, street mountain biking ect. is… Now look are how popular motorcycle trials, Bike trials, Bouldering and Uni trials is.

I think it’s naturally being pushed by what style is popular in other sports. It will take a while for the two styles to stabilize in their popularity fluctuations.

-Ryan

I think that trials is still very popular.

I reckon the main reason for so many more street threads than trials threads is because once you have learnt the concept of a good hop and studied some videos all trials takes is practise, but with street because the moves are so much more complicated there is a need for people to ask for tips and advise.

I still prefer trials over street any day. I like the slow and precise feel to trials, for me it’s more relaxing than the pedal fast at a stair set and hope for the best feel of street :smiley:

I don’t see why it matters. Ride whatever style you enjoy.