Is this unicycle any good for a first?

Hi all. This is my first time on this site. I have been ridding a old beat up cycle for half a year now and am looking for one of my own. Hoping to spend less than $100 and saw this on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/16-WHEEL-UNI-CYCLE-BIKE-UNICYCLE-CYCLING-YELLOW-GREEN_W0QQitemZ300384498651QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f04fb3db
Is it any good?

Thanks cachensfun

Based on your age (unless you are extremly short) I wouldn’t recommend a 16" wheel. If you give us some idea as to what style of ridng you might like to do then we might be better able to supply advise.

I’m about five feet tall.

Gravel, pavement and bumpy field terrain.

hope that helps

The same place has many other sizes. Was just wondering if it was worth the fifty some odd dollars.

Cachensfun

I would save up alittle and spend just over $100.00 at unicycle.com for a 20" club unicycle. They are pretty decent for the money. The ones on EBAY just look REALLY cheap.

I found several used old style Schwinn’s (20") at garage sales and flea markets for $10 or less, I put the best pieces from each together and walked away with a like-new Schwinn for $20 or so, and a bunch of parts to put together into spares and loaners.

I found several used old style Schwinn’s (20") at garage sales and flea markets for $10 or less, I put the best pieces from each together and walked away with a like-new Schwinn for $20 or so, and a bunch of parts to put together into spares and loaners.

Another vote for saving a few more dollars and getting a 24" club. A 24" uni is going to roll over bumpy terrain better than a 20".

How much money would it cost me to refurbish the one I have. It needs a new seat and the rim is all bent up.

Check em out.

I don’t think you can buy a good new uni for less than 75$ ish

29 $ is so cheap, after paying for the box and the paint, there is no money left for profit, unless the maker uses absolute crap for the metal and rubber.

I would recommend a Torker Lx 20 , or a UDC club. Upgrading your old seat is easy, but even good seats cost more than 29 $.

Googling and patience sometimes has produced great uni deals in the past few years. But you must shop for a good model, not a bottom of the barrel imitation of a real uni.

Still, with luck and persistence, maybe you could find a used lx 20 for <50 $ ish. Getting a mid quality uni used would be a much better bet than any cheap new crap you could find for < 50 $.

I bought my first unicycle on eBay. It lasted a couple of months and was fine to learn on, but has since gone very stiff, the wheel isn’t quite straight, and it creaks very loudly (even after tightening the spokes). I’ve since bought a Qu-Ax Cross and I was surprised at how much easier/nicer it is to ride.

That said, I didn’t know if unicycling was for me so I didn’t want to spend a huge amount right off the bat, so I still think that first uni it was a good buy. Perhaps I’ll take it to the bike shop and see if they can do anything with it.