is there an easy way to paint my rim?

yea, the title pretty much says it. i really want to paint my KH20 and i was wondering if there is any easy way to paint the rim. i plan on doing the uni in flourescent orange and if possible i was gonna do the rim the same color. so yea any advice would be appreciated

What I did for my anodized rims, I’ve done a nimbus and ody bmx rim, is sand them with a really low grit. This will help the paint stick, it takes a long while if your going to do it this way. After that I primed them with 2 coats, very thin, then wet sanded and added another coat then wet sanded again. After that was dry I applied 2 coats of paint, I still need to finish haha. I’ll wetsand it alot since it has got beaten up laying around my room, then I’ll add the clear coat. Get some super fine wet sand, I forget what mine is, but it’s fine enough to give a car a mirrior finish, it’ll make that clear coat sparkle. I would wet sand between every clear coat.

corbin

i guess i should have been a little more specific, i want to know if there’s a way to do it without taking off my spokes?

put masking tape on your spokes and on your hub and paint…

I painted the brake area on my trials rim by just taping off stuff. it worked aokay.

did ya’ll sand and primer first or did you just paint over the existing paint on the rim?

Could you please write up how you did that! I’m stunned! I want to paint mine white ^.^

There is the easy way and then the hard way. This is the hard way, but it works very well if you want to put in the effort:

http://www.focuser.com/atm/anodize/anodize.html

How about painting CroMo?