Is there an Android UNICYCLE GPS tracking app?

I could only find it when you go to the web version of MapMyRide and you can manually edit the category of your recorded ride to be “Bike Ride: Unicycling” which seems to be a contradiction in terms :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, it’s better than “Bike Ride” on its own I suppose…

I didn’t see it either, when you select al types, do you see a search option? I searched for it and it popped up. On iphone version though.

Looks like the Android version is the red-headed-stepchild as far as development goes. I searched on all types and checked each category separately - no Unicycle. Have to upload the ride and edit it on the web version. :angry:

I wrote to RunKeeper asking them to add ‘Unicycling’ as a selectable category on the Android smartphone version - got an automated reply and then nothing for a month.

MapMyRide on Android still does not allow you to choose ‘Unicycling’ as an activity (but you can choose Sex, Singing, Curling, Flying an Ultralight…) and you still have to manually edit the workout on the website afterwards.

SportsTrackLive has a similar problem. I have to choose “Cycling” then later manually change the workout category to Unicycle on their website.

As I said before, I don’t care about the calories burned, the heart rate or anything else - I just want it to say “Unicycle” or “Unicycling” on my logged workouts without me having to go in and change it :smiley:

Has anyone had any success with another app yet?

Is having an app with a “unicycle” category better than having an apps that works for what you want to do?

For me a successful app has to do with a lot more than clicking on the “unicycle” category every time I want to ride.

The people I share with and follow me already know I’m always on a unicycle…
…I’m not worried about the rest.

JM

All 3 of those apps pretty much do all I want except let me call it Unicycling - They log my route, my time, my speed and let me look at it in detail afterwards and share it with people who want to see that sort of thing.

The only thing they all lack is the ability to call it “Unicycling” so that is the only better thing they could do for me :smiley:

MapMyRide auto-updated today on my Android phone and now has “Unicycling” and “Unicycling, Long Distance” as activities I can choose, so I shall be using it tomorrow! :smiley:

happy dance

Looks like they actually listened to my support request email.

I use Wahoo Fitness with the heart rate strap (with an iPhone but I think it works with Android as well). What I like is that I very easily export my rides to Runkeeper and Strava. I haven’t done it yet but I see that I can also export to any of the MapMyFitness programs (including MapMyRide). Exporting takes about 15 seconds from my phone for each of these. I export to multiple apps because I have friends/family who use these different programs so we can follow each other. I have it configured as an “Other” ride but have named it Unicycling withing WahooFitness app.
The heart rate data is fun to look at and gives me a good idea about the exercise intensity of my rides.

RideWithGPS

I just started to give RideWithGPS a try.

An hour ago, the best I could select was “Mountain Bike”. I emailed them, and in just over 30 minutes I had a response saying they added “Other”, and plan to add more choices after their next Android app release in about a month. I’m impressed by their responsiveness!

Also, they mentioned “Zack” who works there (I’m assuming Zack Ham, one of the founders) can ride a unicycle.

Anyway… seems like some nice guys there. So give RideWithGPS a try!

I use strava, and just put unicycle after my name

I’m using RideWithGPS to prepare tracks for Track Navigator. It is able to speak waypoints on the planned route as you approach them which is nice if you plan a route in an unknown area. I haven’t used RidewithGPS app to record a ride yet, but it’s good to know we have uni category there.
As for Strava, having separate activity for unicycles would split us out of cycling leaderboards which most of us don’t want. I proposed some time ago to include a separate bike type, but the bike types are now only seen in equipment view and Training->My activities (both available just for yourself), so it does not help much. I have “Unicycle KH 26” defined as one of my bikes and I’m putting a keyword in ride name if it was on an uni.

My Tracks

I just use Google My Tracks. It doesn’t have an icon for unicycling, but you can call the activity whatever you want.