Is there an Android UNICYCLE GPS tracking app?

I’ve been using RunKeeper, which works okay, but it registers all my rides as ‘bike’. I have nothing against Bikes, but I’d rather log them as unicycle jaunts.

Has anyone found a ride tracking app like RunKeeper that lets you specify UNICYCLE as your mode of travel?

(Link to app for info purposes: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitnesskeeper.runkeeper.pro&hl=en )

I use endomondo, but have the same problem. I register unicycling as spinning. I don’t really see anyone use GPS tracking while spinning. :stuck_out_tongue:

I use runtastic, they list “cycling” I suppose that’s marginally better than bike, but I’d wonder if an email to the developer would get them to add it, after all there is also ping pong listed in this app, along with handbike and kite skiing, unicycles have to be somewhere near that popularity right?

I have also started to use runtastic, but I put it under “other” as i do ride 2 wheels as well.

I use Endomondo and have it on Mountain Biking but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter as all it does is change the estimated calorie consumption which are all a bunch of finger in the air crap whatever app you use :stuck_out_tongue:

The only interesting unicycling feature would be for an app to let you enter your wheel circumference so you could have a cadence plot on a graph and maybe a pedal stroke count/average without having to work it out.

It’s a shame you don’t have an iPhone, then you could use BikeRide http://www.bikeride.co.nz/

I use Strava but they do not have a unicycle distinction either, I just list my rides under b*king. I have the iphone btw but I’m sure it’s probably available for the android also.

Why would I want to use an app that insults unicyclists? :stuck_out_tongue:

If your phone support ANT+, endomondo should be able to record both GPS speed, GPS elevation, sensor speed, sensor cadence and heartrate. Unfortunately my Galaxy S2 does not support ANT+.

Not many do - it’s only some (not all) Sony Xperia phones and I think one from HTC.

I like MapMyRide.

I’m using Strava for King of the Mountain titles and ranks on climbs. It records my activities as ‘Ride’ but still the icon has two wheels. I have created two bike profiles however and one of them states unicycle, so one can see it if enters the details of the ride.

Yeah, MapMyRide has a unicycle category.

Wow! Excellent - I didn’t realise it did that. I’ll install that one and try it out on my next ride.

Thank you :smiley:

I use MapMyRun. As far as I can tell, they all work the same. The calory calculation is arbitrary anyway.

True, but I just wanted something that will log it as ‘Unicycle’ for me, instead of Bike. :smiley:

well i knwo have mapmyride :smiley:

I didn’t either. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unicycles may be about the same popularity as hand bikes but nowhere close to kite skiing. It has really taken off in the past few years.

I can’t seem to find the unicycle category on MapMyRide. I select "Workout Type, then “All”, but I don’t see it. What am I missing?