as Muni? Is it as addicting? I like Muni because it
demands concentration and confidence. Is MTB the
same or different in that respect?

>I’ve never tried mountain-biking. I’ve briefly thought
about getting a bike and having a go at it. Is it as fun
as Muni? Is it as addicting? I like Muni because it
demands concentration and confidence. Is MTB the
same or different in that respect?

A different kind of fun- but you won’t know until you try!

I come from a MTB background so I’m probably biased. However, I think Muni is sufficiently different to MTBking that it keeps me interested in both. Just like lots of MTBkers are also road cyclists, or triathletes or whatever. Both requires concentration and confidence (you just need higher speeds for MTB).

At the moment I’m in a Muni phase- sick to death of racing MTB over the last season. However, will probably get back into MTBking later this year.

Don’t bother comparing the two, just try it and keep it up if its to your liking.

Giz :stuck_out_tongue:

ICF,

Mntn Biking is about 700 times more fun than unicycling. I simply can’t convey in words how much more enjoyable it is. Really, one must experience the joy and exileration of mountain biking to truely apreciate it. To this end, and at great personal sacrifice, I’m offering for sale my personal mountain bike- an Aluminium Cannondale V-500, full suspension off road monster, at significant discount. I’v just replaced the cranks with new Coda cranks, as were stock when new, and gone over the hole beast with a tooth brush. Comes with an extra set of clipless pedals, and SPD shoes, size 11. The machine weighs far less than my Coker, and is easly six times as much fun. Only $400.

Christopher

only single speed mountain bikes are fun. I used to think my single speed was sooo slow, until I started muni. Now it just feels like I’m flying on it. 32x16 OFS baby yeah!!! Joe in Iowa

no, moutnain bikes are not as much fun as munis
-David kaplan

Hey Joe, are you wearing a dress?
-David Kaplan

Even if you’re riding on one wheel??? I just rode mine for the first time since I got the muni in November. I rode some of the same terrain, and it was terribly boring. You just have so much more control with the muni.

There’s a bunch of us that are going to muni-ing in Red Wing, Minnesota on Sunday. We’re going to cause a whole bunch of mountain bikers to crash while doing double-takes. :wink: Joe in Iowa

Out of consideration to the Forum members, please shave your legs before making further posts of this nature.

-C-

MTB history - 3 years on a rigid steel Nishiki Expedition
- 4 years on a full suspension beauty (FSR)

Uni History - 6 months on a 20"
- 1.5 years on a 26"

Muni is more fun on the boring MTB trails. There are trails that I never ride my bike on any more, but will take my Muni on and have a blast.

However, the first time you bomb down a horribly scary trail that a mere misjudgment will equal paralysis, you will see how much more exciting mountianbiking is! (and there is just as much concentration…trails permitting)

Do yourself a favour. Keep your Uni, and buy a MTB. Hobbies should never have to be sacrificed for another

Yes, by all means- for your own safty- take this lovely American Made, hand crafted full suspension buety off my hands- the continuted use of your nervouse system may depend on it! What is $400, compared to your health? BY GOD MAN, You owe it to your children!

Christopher

I hereby formally apologize to the newsgroup for repeatedly requesting photos.

Cropping, please.

By all means- a photo of this caliber warants the presence of a crop, whip, or flail. Humm… let me see who could I put in this picture with such an instrament. Rodger, Lewis…ahh, Greg? Noel, this may be as tricky as that Elvis edit- I may require your assitance…

Christopher

Re: Is mountain-biking as fun as Muni?

UniDak <UniDak.37uud@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in
news:UniDak.37uud@timelimit.unicyclist.com:

>
> Hey Joe, are you wearing a dress?
> -David Kaplan
>
>

And what’s up with those streamers/pom-poms/whatever on the ends of the
handlebars?

John

mojoe

your Timbuk bag should be pink white pink aswell

Re: Is mountain-biking as fun as Muni?

>
>
> There’s a bunch of us that are going to muni-ing in Red Wing, Minnesota
> on Sunday.

Your going too? Excellent.

>Out of consideration to the Forum members, please shave your legs before making further posts of this nature.

Just out of interest, and since we are cyclists after all, how many unicyclists wax/shave their legs?

Giz

Don’t go give’n Jagur any more poll ideas. And mind your own buisness- what I do with with hot wax in the privacey of my own home is none of your concern.

Christopher

Cool! See you there.

Yes, and I won the sexiest cross dresser prize. It was at the Homie Fall Fest in Minneapolis. It’s a singlespeed bike rally/race/derby/drunkfest. It was like 40 degrees and I froze my arse off in that dress. I’m going to bring the muni this year. Joe in Iowa

RE: Is mountain-biking as fun as Muni?

Fun is in the mind of the do-er. I think some trails are better suited to
mountain biking and others are better for MUni. But which ones depends on
what type of rider you are.

And as long as MUni is the rarefied sport it is, it will always be more fun
for me.

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
jfoss@unicycling.com

“I am never riding the wrong way on a busy street again, esp. when on the
phone.” - David Stone, on survival