Has Anyone tried this tire? any comments? good or bad? thanks
I’ve been using the IRC Kujo 24 x 3.0 tire. The natural thing to do is compare it to a 24 x 3.0 Gazz so here’s my take on it.
- Slightly smaller but you need calipers to measure the difference
- I weighed it at about 200 grams lighter (almost 1/2 pound).
- The shape is more rounded than the Gazz.
- I can install it on an Alex DX32 rim by hand. I need tools with the Gazz.
- Doesn’t track as nice as the Gazz - possibly due to the more rounded profile. I notice this only on pavement, not on dirt.
- Must run higher air pressure than the Gazz to prevent “roll over” when hopping. I’m running 20 psi in it where I had 16-18 in the Gazz.
- Costs less than the Gazz - I paid $38 for mine.
- I sometimes think it “rolls easier” than the Gazz … but that might be because sometimes I roll easier!
Generally I think it’s all right but wouldn’t recommend it over a Gazz.