Invitation

Hi Folks!

I invite you to know my unicycle. It isn’t a carbon fibre frame… It isn’t
a Profile’d axle… We don’t have this kind of high tech devices in my
country… So I needed to build each part of my unicycle and it appears to
be so good! A good equipment to me and to my boys to learn on ride…

Come and see my webpage at http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/

Cheers

Eduardo

Re: Invitation

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:38:39 -0200,
“=?iso-8859-1?Q?Eduardo_Louren=E7o_Pinto_Jr.?=” <edulpj@gmx.net>
wrote:

>Hi Folks!
>
>I invite you to know my unicycle. It isn’t a carbon fibre frame… It isn’t
>a Profile’d axle… We don’t have this kind of high tech devices in my
>country… So I needed to build each part of my unicycle and it appears to
>be so good! A good equipment to me and to my boys to learn on ride…
>
>Come and see my webpage at http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/

Eduardo,

Good job on the home-built unicycle. For learning on this will be
great and it must feel good that you designed and constructed it by
yourself.

I noticed that the outward bent cranks give a high Q factor (meaning
wide foot placement). This might result in more wobble. If you
experience a problem with that, you might want to look for straight
cranks.

Also, it is a pity that you could not machine the axle to accept
cotterless cranks. Your cottered cranks are OK for forward riding,
backward riding, idling etc, but they would not stand much abuse such
as from hopping and dropping.

Nevertheless, job well done! And then, if your kids AND yourself like
riding it and you have only one uni, you could start thinking about
building the Eduardo II :slight_smile:

What country do you live in?

Klaas Bil

All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons.

Eduardo-

Excellent work with limited resources. The unicycle is very nice looking. Thanks for providing photos.

Re: Invitation

Wise words Klaas!

> I noticed that the outward bent cranks give a high Q factor (meaning
> wide foot placement). This might result in more wobble. If you
> experience a problem with that, you might want to look for straight
> cranks.

I felt the wobble, but it is not so strong and just when I’m overspeeding.
I’m looking for straight cranks, but it is not an easy task…

>
> Also, it is a pity that you could not machine the axle to accept
> cotterless cranks. Your cottered cranks are OK for forward riding,
> backward riding, idling etc, but they would not stand much abuse such
> as from hopping and dropping.

Good news for me… I think that I’m so far from hopping and dropping…
First, I need to learn to ride and I’m learning slowly…

>
> Nevertheless, job well done! And then, if your kids AND yourself like
> riding it and you have only one uni, you could start thinking about
> building the Eduardo II :slight_smile:

Ype II is CAD’ing… It will be a 26" wheel unicycle and I’ll make it with
150 mm cotterless cranks. I’ll build an attacheable front frame like the
UNIQO. It will be a 26" unicycle convertible to single speed fixed gear bike
26/20.

>
> What country do you live in?

Brazil… After I’ve started to build my unicycle, I’ve discovered a little
industry which makes unicycles here in Brazil. They make standards with 16",
20" and 26" and a 20" giraffe. I’ve bought my saddle from them. Take a look
at http://www.monociclo.com.br/

[]'s Eduardo

P.S.: I’m very pleased by your words and remarks about my project. Thank
you!

Re: Invitation

Thanks for your words Greg!

[]'s Eduardo

Ypê Bike: http://www.ypebike.cjb.net/
Ypê Mono: http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/

----- Original Message -----
From: “harper” <harper.dz9u0@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: Invitation

>
> Eduardo-
>
> Excellent work with limited resources. The unicycle is very nice
> looking. Thanks for providing photos.
>
>
> –
> harper - Gearhead
>
> -Greg Harper
>
> “I like getting it, no matter how often.” -Jerry Gruss
>
> “I left it at home … like you did with the punchline to your ‘joke’.”
> -GH
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> harper’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21585
>
>


> rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -
www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
>

My hat goes off to you sir, Job well done!

Chex

Re: Invitation

Thanks by your words Chex!

I believe that when you don’t have the best resources, the world’s doors are
not closed to you… Here in Brazil, there are just one Recumbent Bicycle
factory, but they work at an almost handmade basis. I’ve decided to build my
own recumbent. I’ve used wood to make the main frame of the bicycle and it
is riding okay…

[]'s Eduardo

Ypê Bike: http://www.ypebike.cjb.net/
Ypê Mono: http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/

>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: “Checkernuts” <Checkernuts.e0chm@timelimit.unicyclist.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.unicycling
> To: <rsu@unicycling.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 11:40 AM
> Subject: Re: Invitation
>
>
> >
> > My hat goes off to you sir, Job well done!
> >
> > Chex
> >
> >
> > –
> > Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That’s Unpossible
> >
> > No one said it was gonna be easy and I’m not afraid to try, with the
> > odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
> > to do it right. H20
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Checkernuts’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
> > View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/21585
> >
> >
>


> > rec.sport.unicycling mailing list -
> www.unicycling.org/mailman/listinfo/rsu
> >
>