Intuitive Design in Unicyclery- Help Seeking Forum!

Wow!

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of :wink:

I suspect this was a bogus account set up for trolling purposes. If not, then what a complete <bleep>.

I would love to see a nicely done bamboo unicycle with a wooden rim and hand sewn tubular tire. That would be classy.

There was a thread a while back about somebody wondering if it was possible to make a unicycle completely from wood. Don’t think anything ever came of that though. You’d have to use a cork tyre to keep within those rules though. I suppose latex could be allowed at a push - it does come from trees after all…

An all wood uni eh? I am sure it would be doable if you allowed the use of rawhide to bind the wheels. That would be pretty fitting where I am right now as you can still see a section of the old Carlton Trail about 1 mile from the house.

Just think now how epic it would be to ride a wooden uni, made Red River cart style, from Fort Garry (Winnipeg) to Fort Edmonton (Edmonton). You would probably have the historically accurate 6 broken axles, 3 splintered wheels, and get to listen to the “northwest fiddle” the whole way.

^^^ I will take a pass on that one, Truman can be first.