Introducing myself

Hello All,

I’m new to the forum and I just wanted to introduce myself.

I’m a Canadian teen who started unicycling after an accident on a bike when my front wheel fell off. I got my first unicycle in February 2016. Since then I have been teaching more people how to ride, and have so far taught about 5 other guys how, and am working on more.

It’s great to be here, and I’ve already learned so much just from reading other posts.

Welcome! :slight_smile:

What style of riding are you into?

I don’t think I’ve ever heard that as a reason to get into unicycling. But I’m trying to parse it. Your front wheel came off so you started to ride the bike without it? Or you decided to try unicycles because it would be safer? Neither of those seems to make sense… :slight_smile:

Rest assured the wheel of your unicycle is much, much less likely to fall off while you’re riding. Even if it does, you are much less likely to be injured.

(Okay, probably a quick-release front wheel that wasn’t properly secured; something that can really be scary/painful/damaging. Bikes are dangerous!)

Riding with the wheel on! :smiley:

Juni - So far the only specialized uni I have is a Qu-Ax 36er so right now I’m mostly into speeding around on it. But I’m also looking into getting a good mountain uni.

johnfoss - It was a quick release front wheel. It came off when I pulled up for a wheelie. That episode ended in a trip to the dentist to get a few of my front teeth repaired:D

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.