Starting today I will be unicycling from Delhi in India to Lahore in Pakistan for peace. I will be joined by 2 cyclists and 2 support vehicles. We are being flagged off by the Indian Sports Minister, Mr.Mani Shankar Aiyar.
The details are as follows:
Delhi to Panipat 85 kms- 28th Jan
Panipat to Ambala 117 kms- 29th Jan
Ambala to Ludhiana 109 kms- 30th Jan
Rest Day- 31st Jan
Ludhiana to Jalandhar 60 kms- 1st Feb.
Jalandhar to Amritsar 80kms- 2nd Feb.
Amritsar to Wagah(Border) and Lahore 70 kms- 3rd Feb
I will be posting updates on my blog www.ride4peace.blogspot.com
It’s not updated yet as we are busy with all the final details now. Hopefully, pics will be up too sometime.
That’s awesome! Have a great ride.
Have a wonderful time!
Go Sid go! Hope it goes well, don’t forget to take lots of pics for the rest of us to look at
I’ve been following the blog posts and just read the final one. Excellent job! Thank you for documenting and sharing the story; I admire your initiative and commitment. Peace.
Congratulations. What a great story and writeup. This trip will shine in your memories for your whole life. Amazing!
Thanks for all the support, emails and comments. It was an awesome experience. I apologise for taking my time updating the blog and posting pictures- I literally got 2 hours once I got back home to repack and head into the bush
Pic 1: Chatting with the media before we started.
- Getting flagged off my the Indian Minister for Sports and Youth Affairs
3. Riding in formation
5. The early morning fog made riding hard at times.
6. Entertaining porters at the border where we were delayed by 5 hours
7. “I’d prefer my uni any day!”
8. Walking into Pakistan with a our reception group- women councillors from the Pattan Development Organization. The border is behind us. The next day we met with the head of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan.
9. Braving the traffic
Pic2. Getting flagged off my the Indian Minister for Sports and Youth Affairs