Impossible wheel with frame and seat, does it exist?

I never saw much use of a BC Wheel/Impossible wheel. You would need hills for that. On flat ground you can only roll a few meters and then you have to run and hop on, which if it is one with a seat, is more difficult than if it was just a steer like the one that unicyclemos shows. At least with a freewheel uni you can stay seated, make speed by pedalling and then sit still to roll onward.

Last year I had bought this toy, which is a bit like a unicycle, though it has 2 wheels next to each other, it is still self balancing and you can sit on it. However I got it refunded when I found out we are not allowed to ride it on the public roads in NL. It is too much money when you’re only allowed to ride it inside the house :slight_smile:

With pegs this is called an unbike, a phenomenon of the BMX world. Knowing that term you can find lots of posts and videos on this site and elsewhere. I discussed it on my thread Adventures in Peg Unicycling. @LargeEddie was an aficionado and I believe the picture of the gold-rimmed custom unbike on this page is his. I made and briefly rode this one (using the same drift trike fork as base that I used for my regular peg unicycle):

2 Likes

BC Muni

https://johnhartstudios.com/bc/2021/01/31/sunday-january-31-2021/

Enjoy!

5 Likes

I can coast over this distance in a 350m dead end near my home which has a gradient of about 2%. I have also trained in my street (200m at 3%) but it is too steep, the few times I have been down there I reached 25-30 km/h down the street. And the times when I didn’t reach the bottom, I risked damaging the cars parked in the street.

At the beginning, I found it easier to do the 350 m with a good speed at the start (20-25 km/h), but the last times, I tried to do the 350 m as slow as possible (15km/h, the average speed depends a little on my speed at the start, but mostly on the wind direction (and maybe bearings)). It is less risky and I think it is a better training.

1 Like

How do you start rolling with it? First with one foot on to find your balance and then add the other foot? And is it easy enough to hop off when you lose your balance?