I'm suing

Motivated by videos of Bruce E’s kids and their friend, I went out the other day to try things on my Coker I probably had no business trying. Now I have a rather large and painful gash on my calf.

Since I clearly can’t be to blame, well, someone’s got to take responsibility. It occurs to me that there should have been a disclaimer on the videos like, “Warning: Stunts performed by physically fit, fearless kids. Do not try at home”.

In the absence of such a warning, I believe I have a good case.

But I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and would like to turn this into a class action suit. Or someone overseas (from the US, that is); we could take to an international court… No wait, nevermind, I forgot, the US doesn’t recognize international courts.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Count me in! I went for a ride with Brad last night and although we only rode a Coker mile, Brad kept coaxing me on until my muscles ached and I was on the verge of collapse.

As a result, I suffered undo physical discomfort and by constantly riding out ahead of me and taunting me to catch up, he caused me extreme embarassment. What an ordeal! These kids should know that I’m old and fragile and not take advantage of me just for their own pleasure and mockery.

I WANT JUSTICE! I WANT REVENGE! I WANT THEIR ALLOWANCE MONEY!

Re: I’m suing

> Motivated by videos of Bruce E’s kids and their friend, I went out the
> other day to try things on my Coker I probably had no business trying.
> Now I have a rather large and painful gash on my calf.
>
> Since I clearly can’t be to blame, well, someone’s got to take
> responsibility. It occurs to me that there should have been a disclaimer
> on the videos like, “Warning: Stunts performed by physically fit,
> fearless kids. Do not try at home”.
>
> In the absence of such a warning, I believe I have a good case.
>
> But I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and
> would like to turn this into a class action suit. Or someone overseas
> (from the US, that is); we could take to an international court… No
> wait, nevermind, I forgot, the US doesn’t recognize international
> courts.

Yep, I was showing off to Christa Tuesday morning when she yelled at me to
look out, so my head snapped around and Grendel bit me.

Oops: bruised left calf, long shallow cut on right thigh, several bloody
small dings on right forearm and right shin.

Shoulda known better than to let her anywhere near me before she had her
morning coffee, she was warning me about a car about a hundred feet away
doing about 20.

Nothing bad has happened to me yet, but I can try some difficult stuff that’s way out of my league. How does an 8-set of stairs sound?

It sounds like a soft “thump” if carpeted but more like a sharp “thwack” if bare.

Same as all the other river pilots… it drops a line until it hits bottom.

Just watched those acursed videos. Ben has totaly negated my childhood. I’m thinking we have grounds for a class action. I now officialy think of myself as old. Thanks Ben. I want to meet you so that I can start over using the word ‘youngster’. I’d scream, but I haven’t taken my hart pill today. Somebody get my walker and cane. I would gloat about never having to go back to school, and being able to stay up all night, but it would just sound hollow. Besides, I couldnt stay awake. I’ll have to satisfy myself with buying something I don’t need with a credit card. I can feel the envy.

Curses!

-Christopher

Chris,

Grab a ride with Tommy next April and come up for our Regionals event. We’d love to have you and the other Mississippians down your way come waaaaay up here in da nort’ for a visit. We’re planning on having a blast!

Bruce

Chris, if you do come up to IL with Tommy, is it too early for me to call shotgun? That’d be great if several of the MUC guys were to go up. We may need a bus.

No doubt, we WILL need a bus. Several of us here in Memphis are engineering our vacations around that event so that we can make this a road trip with as many of the herd as possible - even those “youngsters.”

When Daniel Clark (11) started riding with us we all just looked at each other and decided that we needed to form a “We Hate Kids Unicycle Club.” Now that Ellen (7) is ridng with us Daniel, too, wants to join our elite WHKUC. It just isn’t FAIR! It reminds me of a scene from All Quiet on the Western Front, “They just keep coming and coming and coming!” Where does this all end?! They keep getting younger and better than I could have imagined!

We need a support group.

Tommy

…and probably with some counseling thrown in.

Ha! no, they only recognize international courts as long the judge speaks the way they like to hear it.

But well, in case there needs to be unicyclist(s) and/or unicycle-manufactor(y/ies) released from jail:
exactly here (the circe-shaped ‘monument’) is the ‘secret’ emergency exit of the jail of Europol and Interpol. In the park north of it you can Muni to escape the Dutch army. There are helpfull (m)unicyclists arround, as well poeple experienced with ‘impossible to open places’

If you must post messages like that please do it in the “Just Conversation” forum. There is no need to polute the newsgroup with off-topic political messages.

Hey Tommy how come I haven’t heard about this event?

Hey E-13,

If your referring to the Regionals event, it occured last April here in Rochelle, IL. Check out http://mruc.unicyclist.com. We’re not planning one for this spring in Illinois but TCUC might do something if you ask nicely. :slight_smile:

Bruce

It don’t mean a thuing if it ain’t got that suing?

Good one, coming from an insurance professional with a musically inclined mind.

Klaas Bil

Yea, I was getting stoked that Bruce, and company, were putting on the Regionals again and I was glad to see Christopher posting again. Alas, that was last year!

Which brings us back closer to topic. You see, we ARE (I AM) too old as “old-timers” disease is setting in and I can’t remember what year it is!

There has been a lot of talk around the MUC about starting an off-shoot club, the “We Hate Kids Unicycle Club” (WHKUC). These kids in our club just show-up at the club practice, having just learned to ride the week before, and on their second week they start one-footing it about the plaza. These kids are absolutely rude and disrespectful. I’ve been working on my one-footing since the MONDO Festival last Feb. and after I show them, sort-of, what it supposed to look like they just, well, just do it! Absolutely rude and disrespectful! It is a tragedy what is happening to our country!

Not only do we need a class action law suit, we need a support group to help us organize. Geezers UNITE!

Count me in, Tommy. Kids that learn one-footed in one day… let’s hope they have deep pockets!

I think this comes full circle and lands squarely back in Bruce’s lap. He made a comment one time in a thread, I believe it was in regard to his son idling on a Coker with ease, about how if kids aren’t told what can’t be done, then they just get it. Well, there’s the problem! Bruce has been falling down on the job, and encouraging others to follow suit, by not informing these kids what can’t be done. Afterall, we can’t do these things, at least not so quickly. So why shouldn’t we be informing our children of how difficult, and in some cases, nearly impossible these tricks are.

So, suing the kids is fine, but I vote to name Bruce as a co-defendent. An unindicted co-conspirator at the very least. You know with the latest trends in seizing the property of drug offenders parents, I think we’d have a solid case.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ