Win

LEVEL10FACEPALM.jpg

win!

+1

Thanx Jeth!

ro ro ro

I mean, he he he.

Lol.

Perhaps (assuming this is a legitimate thread) he’s not having any fun? :stuck_out_tongue:

FWIW, when I was learning to ride, I was to the point of quitting on multiple occasions because, quite frankly, it just felt like a lot of work for very little pay off (especially when I have other sports I like doing). Obviously, I didn’t end up quitting in the end (as evidenced by the fact that my body is constantly in some stage of repairing itself – perhaps that’s a sign of how good (or not good) I am).

Why tell everyone? Why make it all or nothing, a binary decision? Unless, as someone pointed out, you’re selling your unicycles.

In my 22 years of riding there have been long periods when I have hardly ridden at all, and periods when I have ridden obsessively. There has never been any moment when I have felt the need to decide what my attitude towards unicycling will be in perpetuity, or, indeed, to announce it to the world.

Agreed.

My interest ebbs and flows on the various sports, past and current. I can be obsessive at times too, but I’ve found that the best tack for long term interest, for me, is to always try to leave the day feeling like you would like to do a bit more - to leave a challenge for another day.

That’s not an original thought I’m sure, and I sort of think I remember reading that or hearing Arnold Schwarzenegger say that at some point during his body-building career (when I was doing the same 30 years ago).

I owned a uni for 20 years, but I can’t really say that my interest has been on fire for that who time either. Right now, I AM fired up.

Bummer, sorry your not getting the thrill out of it. You should just wait and see if you miss it. Sounds like your just fed up.

Sounds like he is just bored with it. Maybe he isn’t where he wants to be or maybe he just doesn’t have anyone to ride with.

I don’t but I still love it. I guess not everyone gets the same feeling when riding. I feel so uninhibited and free when I ride. I left once years ago when I was a kid, but I can’t see ever putting my unicycle down for good this time.

99% of all unicycle quitters never learned in the 1st place.
We should make a thread with the list of all the people we know that tried but quit before they ever learned. I could name ten without a problem.

But to quit. why??
It will be a sad day when I would have to give up any of my activities.

Amazing. Not one mention of “pullin’ a Palin” yet! Quitting is all the rage these days.

+1

You can’t quit, your name is “UniGuyMike”.

Maybe if he just rides bikes, he can be “BiGuyMike”.

Thats funny right there. I don’t care who you are.