Im new

Hey every body I am new and also new to unicycling

I have had my unicycle a week and today i achieved my furthest distance without aid it was about 20metres. not very far but still quite an achievment i thought considering I havnt had much time to practice

If any one has any tips please let me know

Thank you the Ginja-Ninja

Re: Im new

Welcome to RSU and the world of unicycling.

The biggest tip you can remember is to keep your weight on the seat.

Have fun and with more practice you’ll be zipping around in no time.

thanks mate i sure will cant wait until i can like go to school and stuff the looks on peoples faces will be awesome

Indeed, they will be. :wink:

Welcome to the forums and also to the world of unicycling! Sounds like you are making great progress in just a short time; keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing you on the forum frequently…

I hope to be a regular member on th eforum so i can learn some great tips n trick soff you guys

If there is one thing motivating me to learn fast its to embaress my girlfriend cos she was so against me getting one lol

You should also check out the website for the Union of UK Unicyclists. Particularly the local clubs page. You can learn more from riding with others than all the tips you’ll get here.

You’re one of the cases why unicyclers are called attention seeking. You shouldn’t unicycle because people would look up to you and think you’re cool. If you want to be cool, impress people without a unicycle by being who you are.

In my opinion unicycling is a sport that’s incredibly fun, but nothing I would use to show off in front of people. Of course you can’t avoid getting funny looks, but you shouldn’t seek for them.

Just my 2 cents.
Wogri

im not the sort of person who goes out looking for attention but the people at my school dont think i can ride one so im gonna prove em wrong

thanx i checked it out but unfortunatley it doesnt show any clubs near me so i will have to look elswhere

hey,

Im asuming your ginger:D and so am I!

anyway enough about that, i notice you live in yorkshire, have u thought about going to chockfest? its next saturday (22nd january) its in york somewhere. heres a link to the chockfest site. its doesnt sound that good from ythe site but trust me its always a great day. me and lots of friends are almost definetely going it’d be cool to c u there,

iain

K. That’s acceptable.

wogri

Yea i am ginger

I doubt i will be able to go i will be workin cheers any way

Take a look at mine and Andrew Carter’s (you’ll see him post quite frequently on these forums) website: www.unicycle.2ya.com
Its all about Unicycling Tips & Tutorials and has HEAPS of stuff that may help you. It has tips on beginner stuff like learning to ride, and when you get more experienced tips on a huge range of tricks and different styles. Anyway take a look as im sure you’ll find something. Also if you have and requests for it let us know because we’re always updating it. Oh and welcome to the forums!

thanx man

Re: Im new

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:36:55 -0600, “wogri” wrote:

>You’re one of the cases why unicyclers are called attention seeking. You
>shouldn’t unicycle because people would look up to you and think you’re
>cool. If you want to be cool, impress people without a unicycle by being
>who you are.

I have seen the elaboration by Ginja-Ninja so this may be less
appropriate now. But I don’t agree with wogri. If anyone wants to use
unicycling to impress people or look cool, why not? Oh man, things
that are MUCH worse have been done to impress people!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

It’s impossible to get old when you ride a unicycle - John (what’s in a name) Childs

Welcome (: I was so glad there were other unicyclists out there, otherwise it would just be another of my quirky hobbies that no one else understands. And there’s nothing wrong with looking cool on a unicycle :slight_smile: