I'm getting a brand spanking new unicycle this week!

My first thread! Woo!

In the last few months, I’ve got back into unicycling fairly seriously. This site gave me a lot of motivation, and shed loads of inspiration for trying out new tricks and learning new skills. Of course, I’ve been dreaming about getting a new Unicycle for some time.

I really like trials stuff, but also Muni is of a gret interest to me. As I’m a student, with a student budget (i.e. no money, well, into overdraft already), I’ve had to look at budget unicycles, and only looking at KH, Koxx, etc as luxury items for when I have money to spare, and no student debt.

Now, in September, I will turn 21. So recently, my parent asked me what I would like. They had some thoughts, including a trip to Italy or some driving lessons, but they also knew how much I want a new uni. My parents don’t know much about unicycles, so asked me to show them what’s on UDC (uk) and show them what kind of uni I wanted, so I went through and showed them some trials, and some munis, stopping to show them the carbon fibre muni (I was seeing how far my Dad would go :stuck_out_tongue: ), and the Kh 24". I let him know that this is one of the best you can get, and it’s well worth the hefty price tag. I showed him some other cheaper munis, just as a back-up in case the KH was too much.

I just spent the weekend with my wonderful girlfriend, and got back home about an hour ago. I asked my Mum if she had a good weekend, what did they get upto etc, and she told me that Dad has ordered the unicycle for me :astonished:

It’s still not actually sunk in. I’m gonna have to go check again later to see if I’m not dreaming.

So, later this week, I will get in the post, a brand new KH24" to play with :D:D

And only about 2 months before my birthday. Haha, I’m a happy chappy right now :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s just awesome. KH24 is a really nice uni. You’ll have to let us know how your first ride goes.:slight_smile:

thats awesome. post pics when you get it!

Yeah, I’ll be letting you know when it arrives etc. I live next to the sea front, and at the end of my road I have about 2 miles of sand dunes to ride on and avoid running over tourists. Deep within the trees up on the side of the hill is a patch where some mountain bikers have built jumps in the mud and dirt. I think I might take it there sometime to cake it in dirt. (it has to be done, it’s a muni!)

Yes, there will be pictures posted. Probably lots!

Oh, does anyone know how long it’ll take roughly to get here? It was ordered a couple of days ago from UDC (uk) and I live near the bottom of the uk. It’d just be nice to know if me staying at home all this week would be a good thing or a total waste of time.

it should take a few days, i would think so. anyway, its always fun staying home and waiting for something special, builds up the tension for so long and it annoys the crap out of you. dont know how that s fun, but it is.

So true.

Thanks, for some reason, last night I suddenly got into my head that it was gonna take about 2 weeks to get here.

2 weeks? you must be daft, i’d expect it to come within at least 4 days.

my unicycle when i ordered it didnt come for over a week. thats because the guy didn’t get my email. so i got it delivered for free.

OK, can someone help me?

I’ve still not got my new KH24 delivered, and I’m starting to wonder if it’s actually on it’s way. (I realise now I’ve posted this message, tomorrow morning it’ll probably get delivered.)

My dad got one confirmation e-mail, but for the world-pay transaction. Basically to confirm he paid for it.

There’s no other e-mails though, nothing from unicycle.uk.com. I’m wondering if there should have been, actually confirming the order with UDC.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Congrats on your decision! And a (early) Happy Birfday!:smiley:

Hehe, thanks.

This waiting for it is driving me insane though. I’ve done nothing all week so I don’t miss it arriving. Grrrrr.

Ok, good news and bad news.

Good: there was a succesful order.

Bad: there were problems with the delivery. It should have been with me today, but wasn’t. So it’ll be here monday.

Yay!

sweet man hope you have fun on it!

Well, it’s finally here! About an hour ago it was delivered. I carried the box inside, and realised it was much lighter than I thought it would be. Which must be a good thing, haha.

Took it all out and admired the massive tyre, the light frame in that wonderful blue colour, and started to assemble.

Only took a few minutes, as I read the assembly instructions.

Found the Kris Holm poster, and the UDC plaque to stick onto the front of the frame.

Then realised I was too short to get on :o/ So in a bit, I’m gonna head to the garage and shorten it just a little bit so I can fit on. Then for the rest of the day I’ll be practicing freemounts. (I’ve never ridden anything over 20" before).

I can’t wait to get riding properly!

As promised, here’s a pic:

I was a bit disappointed I didn’t get the new '06 frame, with the knurled crown, but I can live without :op I’m just over the moon that I actually have a Kris Holm unicycle. Haha. Awesome.

i so want one of them. thats a good uni, ride it well!

i just drueled all over my keyboard when i saw it

Well, I’ve shortened the seatpost (twice, the first time I didn’t shorten it enough), and I’ve giving it a good ride up and down our gravel driveway. It’s a pleasure to ride, even on the eneven gravel. There was no hope on riding my 20" on there, as the wheel would dig in and throw me off. The 24" is no problem. The seat is comfy, but then again, I’ve had a cheap plastic seat for many many years.

I still can’t get used to the width of the tyre! I’ve never seen a 3" wide tyre before in my life, so this is really impressive.

I’m totally thrilled to have this muni, and has to be one of the best birthday presents I’ve ever asked for! I might ride it to my friend’s house tonight, as I’m meant to be going there anyway, and at the moment, I don’t want to let it out of my sight! Haha.

I’m thinking about heading down to the seafront later with it, to see how it handles (and how I cope) riding off-road properly. Though I don’t really fancy scratching it all up on the first day :o

Well, once I’ve given it a real test run, I’ll report back here.

Congrats and have fun! :slight_smile:

And the tire is huge. When people see mine they always comment on how beefy it looks.

whenever I try to ride my friends muni, It’s always disconcerting to look down at the tire. I guess that goes away though.post pics! new KH freerides are sooooo pretty.