Im building things to unicycle on

You could just collect some of the extra wood (2"x4"s, 4"x4"s, pallets, plywood, other useful-looking junk) from construction sites and nail it together to make skinnies, inclines, steps, ramps, or whatever else you think would make a decent trials obstacle.

You can go behind most plazas/malls/stores and find a bunch of pallets - the only problem is, sometimes the stores have to pay a deposit for the pallets, so you should probably ask them first.

Re: Im building things to unicycle on

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:58:22 -0600, manon1wheel wrote:

>i need some designs and measurments,

(designs yes, measurements no)

Andrew Carter and Peter van Boekhout have more designs on
http://www.unicycle.2ya.com , but their site is currently down.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort”

As well as all the ones already suggested, I suggest you have a go at designing some yourself…it’s half the fun! :slight_smile: Hopefully www.unicycl.2ya.com will be up and running again soon.

Good luck,
Andrew

I’m pretty sure Andrew means www.unicycle.2ya.com

Indeed I do, sorry.

i have a bunch of pallets, some 2x4s, a coupel spools and a junk car laying around in what i think is a semi-difficult configuration. nothing’s nailed together and everything can be rearranged in a matter of minutes. just get as many materials as you can, and put stuff together, don’t worry too much about measurements and what not.

I bought some 8’ lawn timbers from Home Depot and a couple of 2x4s. The lawn timbers are about $3.50 each. I cut the 2x4 into 18" strips to use for braces - one on each end. (I already had some deck screws.) The braces raise the lawn timbers off the ground a couple of inches, and provide some much needed stability. I can move them around the driveway and yard in any configuration. I have eight 8’ lengths, so it’s pretty flexible.

Sounds like a very fun project! Put pics up when you’re done.

I’ve got a whole lot of stuff that I’ll take pictures of and show ya later on…

what’s going with unicycle.2ya.com its forzen… ?

thx forest unifreak. everyone i apreciate what you are doing for me, thank you all! any more ideas?

Sorry, it’ll have to wait untill tomorrow or maybe later, we’re in the middle of a snowstorm…

Here’s a good thread on obstacle stuff: http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40265&highlight=obstacle+ideas

It went over the limit for bandwidth or transfers or whatever it was. It will hopefully be restored on the 8th.

Andrew

The Ottawa Unicycle Invasion gallery has some pretty cool homemade trials stuff: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=19578&g2_page=4

awsome, thanks everyone

any more? forrest uni freak can you take pics of all your junk? i hope your not iin another snow storm.

Until Unicycle.2ya.com comes back,… Here’s what they have on Building stuff.

building.doc (510 KB)

any more?

Heres on old set up I have of my trials course

We had to tear it down and move it all. So its all in a big pile in my friends yard right now

too bad…