I'm a pedestrian in Washington

RCW 46.04.071
Bicycle.
“Bicycle” means every device propelled solely by human power upon which a person or persons may ride, having two tandem wheels either of which is sixteen inches or more in diameter, or three wheels, any one of which is more than twenty inches in diameter.

RCW 46.04.010
(23) “Pedestrian.” Any person afoot or who is using a wheelchair, power wheelchair as defined in RCW 46.04.415, or a means of conveyance propelled by human power other than a bicycle;

It seems pretty unambiguous to me. Now I can go out riding 'round King Country Parks that post ‘No Bicycles’ signs.

(I just discovered the largest park in King County, which has 35 miles of trails, and connects to other greenbelts, is only 4 road miles from my house, or three via uni.)

Re: I’m a pedestrian in Washington

But you are far from pedestrian.

When’s the guided tour? I see the trail is both pedestrian and equestrian. New Muni competition: Road Apple Slalom.

…and keep a copy of RCW 46.04.071 and RCW 46.04.010 laminated and folded up nicely in your camelbak :smiley: Good Luck! --chirokid–

I expect I’ll need it. I may lose in the end. On some literature is says ‘hiking’. Not sure I can claim that.

Sure you can claim “hiking” unless you’re such a good rider that you can ride EVERYTHING and never walk your uni over certain obstacles:D :smiley:

This is scary, but I had the EXACT same thought as Krashin’Kenny!

iunicycle, you still sound technically legal to me, have fun riding. You have obviously done your homework. However, I also see the Washington Legislative Body writting new Laws just because of “iunicycle”. Our tax $$$ at work. :smiley: --chirokid–

Be afraid, be verrrrrrrrry afraid!!!:smiley:

Well I walked about 3 miles of trails just now, Sunday morning. The trail conditions from a unicycle point of view are either mildly interesting, dangerous or impossible. Not much inbetween. There are tons of downed trees crossing the trail. Most are notched out, or have flattened sufaces so you can easily ‘hike’ over them. But there are lots of places where, if you upd’d six inches off to the side, you would find yourself 50 feet down a hill. You probably wouldn’t get too hurt in most cases, but I don’t want to find out.

Maybe the equestrian trails are better.

I shared the trail with only 6-7 geriatrics in the hour and half walk. It really is a beautiful walk, and in the end the sun came out.

That proves the point, you are a HIKER! --chirokid–