I ran over a...

It was all seeming reasonable until I saw that part. Your neighbors would probably be like “Come inside kids! The knife swinging unicyclist is out again!”.
And I don’t even want to imagine a UPD with that set up.

1 Like

i had a friend who carried a broomstick to get on. it can be a disaster

Yikes, hope they were ok. Free-mounting the most valuable skill after basic riding. Holding a broom while riding is very awkward; I had tried sweeping the driveway while on uni once and I quickly gave up at that. Carrying stuff by hand on uni in general is awkward.

Play unihockey regularly and then you won’t think its weird to swing a stick and ride at the same time at all. It’s a skill to learn…

1 Like

I suppose you’re right. But for those of us who aren’t practiced and don’t see it as an important skill to learn at the moment …
Maybe if there was a local uni hockey time I would try learning, but for now I am fine learning other skills.

as long as what you’re carrying isn’t very heavy it is ok. I find it awkward to mount without holding the seat, though.
Riding with a broom isn’t stable because it is not symmetrical. As for a bar with knives. As long as it is long enough and you’re in a crowd you will only cut others, not yourself :smiley:
(I am really a nice guy in real life)

1 Like

I thought the knives were just to keep cars away. Now they’re for people too?!

oops my imagination…

1 Like

I ran over myself once

1 Like

WOW! The things you all have ran over on a unicycle! Snakes I get. Especially Copperheads, they can look like part of the road; but, the other things?! :confused: I get it if a unicycle did like 50mph, but we can’t get that fast on a unicycle. I figured that would give a fast moving animal plenty of time to get away. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not judging. I am just so surprised… and stunned. Thank God it wasn’t rampaging elephants or rinos crossing the street!

Oh, one day I ran over a dog, or maybe I should say a dog ran under me.
I was commuting with my kh29, when I saw people with a dog. So I slow down. They said me to be careful, because there was another dog, which was a bit further. And just after turning, I saw him. But, what I didn’t saw was the third dog, playing with the second one, and I went in my wheel and disc at full speed. I didn’t get injured, the dog was okay, just a bit afraid, and I had to change my disc when coming back home. The dog’s owners offered me to pay for the disc, but I said no, it wasn’t much.

I ran over a half of a snake last year.

I ran over a frog on a little wooden bridge 3 years ago. It managed to jump into the river just after. I don’t know how much it was injured…

I also bumped slightly into a very little, angry dog. It was on a leash but its owner didn’t pay attention and the dog kept barking at me while actually blocking my way by moving left and right. I continued to ride and I dismounted just when I bumped (slightly) it. The dog didn’t have any injury, I barely touched it with my wheel… And the owner, surprised, shouted “you scared my dog!”. :expressionless:

2 Likes

every year the park I ride in most gets covered in Lubber Grasshoppers, these things are rather large and they cover the sidewalks during the mating season. I have run over way more than I like as it’s hard to dodge them and they will move under you as well

So here’s what people on this thread ran over from April 2021 until now:

:uni: I ran over …

a pool of human blood
a dog
a lead
a squirrel
a turd
a dung beetle
a main road
a car
myself
the third dog