I pulled the trigger

I ordered a Nimbus Impulse and a few goodies to go with it. Can’t wait to get it.

:d

^ Yes. Nice work.

But seriously, congrats. My dream is to one day win the lotto and buy the impulse.

I pulled it too…

:smiley: I got mine 14 days ago. Love it. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. It is my first 36er. I had never even tried one and I talked to Josh at UDC and he suggested Kris Holm cranks and a Fusion Street seat upgrade. Got 'em and they are fantastic. Wonder what your upgrades are?
So far I have used it for my daily 2 mile commute across Seattle and back. I have a couple of longer rides out over 15 miles, and have added 1000 feet of climbing to my rides. The hills are hard but I can already feel it paying off, as I am getting much better at handling the bigger wheel. Good luck.

Keith

I just got confirmation of the shipment. The shipping weight is 62 LBS. WOW the uni only wieghs 20 LBS. I did order a few extras but they can’t weigh 5 pounds total. How well do they pack them (Numbus Impulse)?

I cannot vouch for the packing of an impulse, but I ordered my Muni (29’er) in December along with some pedals and cranks for my Coker, and some gloves/ leg armor. The package was listed as something like 35-40 pounds, when in reality, it was only like 20-25 pounds total, so I think that they just overestimate the weight of packages or something. I do not know if this helps, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Shipping weight doesn’t actually indicate the weight of the package. It’s more like a combination of weight/size used for determining cost. My guess is there’s a formula that converts actual weight and package size into a shipping weight so that the charges can be based on that.

Shipping weight doesn’t actually indicate the weight of the package. It’s more like a combination of weight/size used for determining cost. My guess is there’s a formula that converts actual weight and package size into a shipping weight so that the charges can be based on that.

Congrats on the new uni. The Impulse looks like a sweet ride.

Shipping weight doesn’t actually indicate the weight of the package. It’s more like a combination of weight/size used for determining cost. The bigger the package, the larger the difference between actual weight and shipping weight. My guess is there’s a formula that converts actual weight and package size into a shipping weight so that the charges can be based on that.

Congrats on the new uni. The Impulse looks like a sweet ride.

Couriers tend to use a “shipping weight” calculated from the package size instead of the actual weight. Relatively light but large things, like cycles, get penalised because of the amount of space they take up.

EDIT: hmmm - too slow

Congrats new Impulse owners. Loved the CSI Miami cartoon.
Check out the official Impulse thread and the Shadow Handlebar review.