i need to know if i should cut off some inches on my unicycle

hello can anyone tell me if i should cut about how many inches off a torker lx unistar

i just bought a torker lx and today i just recieved it but i tryed it and it was kinda high because i can only reach the pedal a lil bit

i have a 20" unicycle and it ussually says that 20" min requirement is 28" inside leg and i have a shoe that is 1" with a inside leg of 27" just how many inches you think i should cut off the unicycle without bending my knee when on the unicycle when you unicycle can you just ride a unicycle that is 2" less cut off i was thinking of going 2" cut off but i dont know how much so i dont bend my knee when riding and stressing my legs i ment tired

thanks for your time reading this

any good suggestion that will not make it hard for me to ride the uni is needed badly for me my mom i have to beg a million time to let me get it

I hope you mean the seat post?

Hi welcome to the forums! If the seat post is too high then it is best to cut it down, other wise you can’t ride it! Cut off like an inch at a time until it is the right hight. Just use a hack saw and a file to cut it, not hard really.

You don’t want the seat too low because it makes learning much harder, you must be able to touch the floor with your foot really (if you have a 20") much like you would with a bike. That way you don’t straighten your leg completely, but it isn’t too short.

Have fun riding!

I couldn’t get past about half way of your post because I was not allowed to breathe :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue: .

What 1-wheeled-grape said.

silly silly James, waiting for a full stop so he could breathe :roll_eyes: It’s only a little lack of punctuation, no need to deprive yourself of oxygen!

the leg that is on the bottom pedal should be only slightly bent. but if you have a hard time reaching the bottom pedal, i would start by cutting about an inch off. if that is still too high, cut it in half inch increments. just make sure you cut the seat post and not the frame.

actually… i would keep it a little longer than that. i would put it about 2" higher than that.

As far as actually cutting the seat post, I use a pipe cutter. They make a nice square cut and usually don’t need to be filed on much to make them look nice.