I need help hitting record again.

Hey everyone,

I’ve been pm’ing people this question, but I want to hear it from everyone.

If you watch mylast video, I hit 65.5 cm. static. The problem is, I can’t get it again. I have been outside for 2 hours a day trying to get it for the past 2-3 days. My questions are:

1. Do you guys ever lose a jump and can’t get it again? If so, what do you do?
  2. How come I could do it on my first attempt, but now, after 2 hours a day, I can’t get it?
  3. Since this jump was obviously luck, how to I get it back?

Practice stationary SIF tucks before every trials session to get yourself ready to do a big jump.

Are you having a mental block?

It’s probally a mental block. Like unreal-wheel said.

You have to be able to imagine yourself doing it, and know that you can do it, or else your just wasting your energy by attempting it over and over again.

Take a few days rest and let your muscles cool down.

get realy pissed off with your self then just do it, works for me when i forget stuff
-and your showing penut butter and jam :thinking:

It sounds like a mental block because the first time you thought that it was doable but then you probably got hurt so now you have a metal block so were your pads and keep telling yourself that you can do it

it works for me

Why would you want to hit your record again? Wouldn’t you want to go over it? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Conrad has a point!
you should try that

stop thinking and just do.
i eat crap every time i think about how i’m going to fly through the air over x amount of stairs (unless its like 4), or do such and such trick, you just have to go for it.

Practice less prehops, it’ll save you energy and would make your lines look a lot cleaner.

Try putting another pallet on top of what your record and try to get that even if you keep missing and end up crank grabbing. Then take that pallet off and try hitting your record again. I can almost guaranty it will look way easy and you’ll be able to get it.

I have tried this and it works so x2

I also lowered my seat a whole bunch today, because I want to be able to ride SI too. So I’m going to have to relearn four pallets again.

SO

I think I’m going to keep it at the height before, because I hardly do SI.