I need a new tyre

Today I made a little trials line and I hopped of a 4 set and tryed to land on a cinder block and my tyre just popped! Not just the inner tube the tyre too like a four inch gash in it. So what would you guy’s recomend for a tyre I was ridding the creepy crawler.

Shoot, that sucks. And it’s scary, I’ve recently popped my tire twice. The second time I pumped it up too much (NEVER trust a tire gauge) and it exploded, and I mean huge explosion. I’ve never seen a tire pop so loudly. I couldn’t believe my tire made it through alive.

You could get a new Maxxis, or a Luna. Maxxis is better for trials, the Luna is better for street, and rolls better and lasts longer.

well if your into trials i would say the one your using is good but if you want to try somthing new go for the tryall tire :slight_smile:

I think I’ll ty a luna. But ya scared teh shit outta me and I only had about 30 psi tops in there. It kinda folded I guess. How wide is that luna? I am riding an LX totally rigged up.

the luna is 2.5 in and if your riding an lx unless you changed the rim to 19 in it wont fit
i got a luna on my uni and it seems to work fairly good

Were you running the CC rear tire or the front? The front is like 20x 2.0 and the rear is 20x2.5… Since you were riding an LX im guessing that you had the front tire. Id say just get another CC if you were runnign the small one or if you have the 19" rim and had the 20x2.5 CC then maybe try a luna or one of the new monty tires.

He was using a CC so the Luna would fit.

Here’s some discussion of trials tires:

[THREAD]37795[/THREAD]

Acctually Maxxis makes 2 types of CC tire…One is for the front wheel of trials bikes and the other is for the rear.

See Here