I might sell my Monty trials

Greetings,

I am considering selling my Monty in order to fund some other unicycle parts (cranks). Now that I have my KH24 I don’t see the trials uni doing much other than collecting dust in my shed until King Muni-Man is big enough to ride it.

The uni was purchased on August 27th and experienced no trials riding other than some light hopping. What can I say, that’s all I can do. :wink: I mainly bought it to make trail riding more compatible with my son. I haven’t ridden it since February so it’s only a few months old and hardly used. It was mostly ridden on snow so the tire is in perfect condition. I would only sell the frame and wheelset+cranks, no pedals or saddle.

Here’s the description from unicycle.com
http://tinyurl.com/ccua

It’s a Monty Trials Wheelset with Suzue Hub, I payed $159.00 for mine but I see it’s now going for $184.00.

I also have a 20" YUni frame that I purchased for $40.00.

Basically I payed $200.00 + shipping for these parts. If anyone is interrested I’m willing to negotiate a fair price. I think whoever buys it will get a real good deal. Shipping will come from Alaska.

I’m looking for feedback at this point. Is anyone interrested?

Cheers,
Jason

125$

It sounds like its in good condition, but you know how fragile unicycles can be, with cranks and hubs bending all the time, so what do you think?

I am seriously interested.

Yes, I understand your point. Buying used items over the internet is always risky. I myself have had some poor luck on eBay, yet everyone I know seems to get great deals and they all love eBay. I’m not a fan.

I forgot to mention what cranks are installed. It came with Lasco 140mm and not the Dotek now provided at unicycle.com (from my ref). It appears they changed their offering since I puchased the wheelset. I want to be up front about all the parts and I can post digital images if you would like.

Thank you ffor the offer, I’ll sleep on it for now (it’s late here). A 75$ depreciation seems like a lot to me but I have ‘no’ experience in the matter of used parts. It could be a fine offer, I haven’t a clue. Maybe some people on the list could offer me their opinions? How much depreciation should I expect?

Cheers,
Jason

as a person that has sold alot of unicycles.i will add that a general price reduction must simpliy be…unlesss you have a Telford or a SH blah blah blah,its hard to sell a unicycle.

if what you have to sell is something that a consumer can get any time then there is no point in waiting,take offers and sell.

do not offer without intent.

P.S. three times i have seen a Telford offered for sale only to become unavailable because non-buying people talked the seller out of it…trully discusting and none of there business.

So it comes with cranks?

Nevermind, I didn’t read close enough. Cranks, but no pedals or seat, but what about seat post?

Yes, I fully expect to reduce the price afterall it is a used product. The question is how much reduction is normal in this situation based on what I know about the item?

Sorry. No seat post. Just the Frame and wheelset+cranks

Jason

shippiing will be lots from alaska, so 125 is good

Thank you again for the offer.

I spoke with my wife and she thinks your price is reasonable but she also thinks I should save the uni for our son King Muni-Man. I’ve been thinking about it today and I think she’s right. We would just end up buying him a similar setup in a couple of years at a higher price. That said, I’m going to hold on to it.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Jason

Ohh man, you got my hopes up! Thats alright though, your son needs a unicycle. Who doesn’t deserve a unicycle? But if you change your mind, tell me.:frowning: