I’m totally chuffed! Just checked out “Ride: The Story of Cycling in New Zealand.” It is a book of New Zealand cycling history by The Kennett Bros, which came out today!
This 216 page pictorial story includes:
- bicycle development from penny farthings to mountain bikes
- industry and innovation - number 8 wire to carbon-fibre technology
- women’s struggle for the right to ride
- track and road racing - Kiwi legends at home and abroad
- cycle touring adventures from north to south
- growing up with bikes - our earliest memories
- BMX - the boom and beyond
- the birth of mountain biking
- major race results, and more …
And they had me in it
Just a short paragraph; but still…I’m can’t wait till next week so I can buy the hard cover version!