I just painted my rim...

well i must say, you have inspired me. i am going out in the shed to go crazy with tape and paint (spray variety) on my nimbus tommorow. I am getting the KH 07 soon anyway so i shall experiment.

you should some of these

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=673
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the compliments! Actually the masking parti s just very tedious. Deflate the tires first so you can tape it all the way back. As for the spokes, you’ve got to go round each spoke with tape so it’s VERY troublesome especially when removing them.

Hazmet: I’ve actually got one of those except mine’s motion activated. It doesn’t work too well with a uni because the wheel moves too slowly for it to detect shakes. Darn.

Hey fluxusmaximus when you say motion detected do you mean that if you stamp your feet next to it. They’ll light up or when the unicycle is moving. Also what unicycle do you have if you don’t mind me asking? :slight_smile:

Thank you

To your first question, it’s supposed to light up when the wheel moves. Unfortunately, it doesn’t because unis are too slow.

I’m from Singapore and the shop here (yes, no plural) only sells all of ONE type of trials uni - some brandless made-in-Taiwan rig. My seat’s KH, my rim’s an Alex and the tires are Luna. It’s all stock from the box except for the seat.

I’d be getting koxx cranks and hub soon though but I would keep the frame as is because it’s not worthwhile to import a new one. And there’s a good chance I’ll get new pedals too once my current ones wear out enough. I just slipped and fell off them AGAIN 30 min back.

Meanwhile, for those of you who’re interested, here’s a close up of the logo part. It’s not exactly clean but I realised after I took the pic that the logo’s got a smooth surface and any residual paint on it scratches off really easy. So all you have to do is make sure you don’t tape any of the rim before you spray. Just make sure you’ve got most of the logo in the tape and that’s fine. Any stray can be removed easy.

IMG_3506.JPG