I amost got killed

You go to school? They must not teach English there… :stuck_out_tongue:

no, he’d be charged. how does that help the crippled kid? well i guess you could sue and cover your hospital costs, or have your parents pay for the funeral

On the contrary. Pedestrians are hit and killed by cars every day, and in many cases the drivers are not charged. It has something to do with the expectation of the road, between intersections and crosswalks, being normally clear of obstructions. People crossing or otherwise in the road in such situations are the ones that should be looking out for traffic. Especially if they are dressed in dark clothing.

Many times I have been terrified by almost hitting “invisible” pedestrians who are crossing, or walking beside the road at night. If you aren’t wearing reflective stuff, even if your clothing is light in color, you are virtually invisible in an unlighted area until a car is almost on top of you. Not enough time to process what you’re seeing and stop.

Maybe practicing in the road is not the greatest idea? But if you must, remember the onus is on you to “yield” to traffic.