I am riding around the world on my Nimbus Hatchet

Wow, very ambitious. I have to say you look great on your Hatchet. I can’t imagine doing that distance on less than a 36 but 30 isn’t that much smaller - and you are young and strong! Can’t wait to see how it goes for you. BEST OF LUCK!

3 Likes

One word of warning for the preparation work: going around the world with a fat 27.5 uni will mean potential shortage of supplies in some countries (like with a 32/36). So for a tire or tube replacement, you should double-check the shipping rates and speed with UDC (as well as the coverage of UDC shops around the world).

Good luck with your challenge and cannot wait to see/read about your journey !

1 Like

This was one of my thoughts too.

I imagine that a fat 27.5" tyre also won’t last anywhere near as long as a standard Nightrider tyre so they may wish to order in half a dozen to ensure a reliable supply!

Does anyone know about the current status of Alex`s world tour, can not find anything on the internet.

He got 5 miles from home and gave up due to excessive camber and too much effort needed to keep a fatty rolling!

2 Likes

:grinning: No seriously, I think he started with a 36er with Cary Gray paniers.

Last report I saw on his FB (May 2022) is that he was injured and thought he may have to delay his world trip till the summer of 2023.

2 Likes

Alex, from my State of PA good luck on your ride journey around the world on a Hatchet wow this is fire good luck to you may everything fall right in place on your trip will follow.

1 Like