I am new here

I never imagined that there would be a forum for Uni-cyclist, ive always seen people using this cycle…but never tried one…how do u guys suggest I should start with it?

Any things to keep in mind before I mount on this deadly one wheel cycle …

I would recommend buying the cheapest 20" unicycle you can find for your first unicycle.

Also don’t think of it as deadly, I haven’t heard of anyone dying on a uni.

Check out UDC’s learning page for lots of tips. (Unicycle-dot-com)
http://www.unicycle.com/faq-learn/

After taking out a good life insurance policy you could go here for all sorts of tips and videos.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Up!!!

I believe that is much safer to learn to ride a uni than a bicycle. You will almost always fall on your feet as you are learning. Plus, you are going much slower than on a bicycle.

My advice is not to give up easily. Find time everyday to put into learning how to ride, even if it’s only 10 minutes a day. Everybody learns at a different pace, so don’t get deterred. I went to my local library about 6 years ago and got a book on unicycling, it helped tremendously. Good luck and have fun!!!

Park to Peak is right - grab a not-to-flash 20". Kake sure it has a long enough seat tube.

ShannonG is also on the money. Unlike with a bike, you don’t lose skin when learning. You just wind up unexpectedly walking, (Though looking at the number of learners wearing armour, I’d say their “common sense” assessment overrules that. Common sense does not equal correct.)

I never imagined that there would be a forum for Uni-cyclist, ive always seen people using this cycle…but never tried one…how do u guys suggest I should start with it?

Any things to keep in mind before I mount on this deadly one wheel cycle …
[/QUOTE]

Start with a twenty inch unicycle.Check the net for tutorials.I would highly recommend Rbf tutorials.The guy explains everything very clearly.Just type in “rbf tutorial riding unicycle” that should take you to a tutorial for beginners.You might let us know how you got on.