I am awesome.

I decided to do this 6 foot drop today. It looks really funny.

Hail to the King, Baby.

Results. Broken KH seatpost.

Friends don’t let friends do big drops to flat. :slight_smile:

Although it is easy to land a 6 footer to flat, you shouldn’t have leaned forward so much to drop in your prep, and you seemed to just take the brunt of the landing in the legs, which cause the fatty nutbuster. Let everything above your hips collapse to catch you, not brunt the force with your legs, which can destroy cranks with ease…

Yeah, I hit the 9th stair drop no problem, but I did that one wrong. It looked funny though and funny is awesome.

cant view it. but ill take your word for it. once i can get about $70 to get the luna tire and monty rim i wanna do a 6 foot drop off this small trailer near me. yessss…

jon

you should post that to gallery.unicyclist.com because your server is now giving us this message:
Available bandwidth quota for this filesystem has been exceeded.
(/wwr73/MVI_6330.avi)

even though i saw this drop in person i’d like to have the video.

-the other eric

here are bigger photos

I can’t make a gallery for some reason.

Excellent camerawork!

hah, I keep watching this over and over.

Catboy’s comment about collapsing is interesting. I’ll have to give that some thought.

Nice vid :stuck_out_tongue:

I couldn’t create a gallery, here a few shots.

img_6329.jpg

You can put it in the free4all gallery. It’s a special gallery that everyone has permission to add stuff to (but you can’t later delete it or do other changes).

Right now the newer accounts here don’t have access to the gallery. Gilby is working on that and will have it fixed soon. Till then you can use the free4all gallery.

The amazing 12 set that Duane made

img_6329.jpg

Somebody goofing off

img_6338.jpg

I got the message John.

A few of the photos have been posted here:
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/free4all?page=2

They begin at the bottom row of page 2 and continues to page 3

It includes amazing things such as the borken seatpost and the gap I have a funny video of me eating it@ :sunglasses:

That free gallery is very helpful. Here are the correct links.

Correct link

Correct Results

seems like you tried to jump way too far laterally. if you had just hopped like 18 inches off the thing you might’ve made it. also catboy had some good ideas.

i have to say

you got

<-------------------

You now have a gallery account. So you should be able to create an album to upload your stuff. :slight_smile:

You’re the man, Gilby.

Re: I am awesome.

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:10:21 -0600, “john_childs” wrote:

>Friends don’t let friends do big drops to flat. :slight_smile:

The correct Kris quote is
“Friends don’t let friends drop to flat”.

<http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29138&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=2>
(at the bottom).

It has been my sig line for some time.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

It’s impossible to get old when you ride a unicycle - John (what’s in a name) Childs