i am an idiot.

yeah i just lost control and landed weird, i was wearing kh pads.
the hill is a turfed over slagheap in cramlington
if you wanted to try it if you just went to manor wslks (the shops) and asked for nelson hill youd get there

Suddenly I don’t feel quite so invincible in my KH’s.

I might give it a go in the next couple of weeks. Just to tempt fate.

Stinks that you broke your leg man. Hope it heals well and that pain is minimal.

The steepness of this hill reminds me of the pyramids! Way too steep to tackle even by a bike for me!

i have a feeling part of the reason i broke my leg was because i was on a 20 incher, anyone else think this might be part of it?

No. I disagree. With a smaller wheel you would have more control and be less likely to have a serious crash. Unless it has really short cranks.

It seems to me you must have UPD’d and gotten your leg tangled up in the unicycle some how.

What are short cranks? I’ve got 165’s on my 24" muni, and I get a lot more control downhill than I do with my trials’ 155s…

At least it was only your leg? You were both lucky and unlucky at the same time, which is often true when life-changing stuff happens.

The worst part is when you tell people at the hospital how you did it you can almost hear them thinking ‘Well, this was bound to happen’, as if it was the only possible outcome from what you were doing :slight_smile:

I broke my arm rollerskating a vert bowl. I just said I fell into an empty pool. They dont lecture you if you are a clutz, but they do if you do sports.

I had a plaster for a long time (due to broken Achille’s tendon not a broken leg: being an “old geezer” patient the physician was unable to glue both ends :astonished: ).
now the good news: I lost almost no muscle! the only horrible thing that the skin was in a sorry state. Apparently some people don’t lose much (but have a natural tendency to snap things).
get well!

I broke my left fibula to when descending on a steep downhill on my 29".
It’s been about 4 months ago now, my ankle feels good.
Only have some pain now when hitting something against it or after some jogging. But your younger, you will recover a bit faster then me :wink: