Hunter Info

They are aligned with the spokes, which is really interesting.

I don’t think so, after careful inspection and thought. I think the wear pattern is a normal distribution of stress through the rim due to the alternating lateral tension from the spokes. This rim is super beefy. It could take more tension than I could possibly put on it and remain sane. In comparison, the Monty rim bulges noticeably at the spoke holes until they eventually crack. You would expect unusual deformation to show up there first because that is where the most force is exerted on the least area. On my own wheel, which thanks to Ryan and Ben has seen more stress than any other Coker wheel (correct me if I’m wrong, Nathan!), there is absolutely no deformation in that area. However, both my wheel and Nathan’s were from the previous batch of Airfoils, which had a less-well-conditioned braking surface; I will be interested to see how the newer ones wear.

Only sometimes if I don’t have it toed in a little. I came to the conclusion that the zero-degree toe-in was for bikes, not unis.

As U-Turn says the wear spots are aligned with the spokes exactly. And his definitely has the world record for most abuse, no contest here. Wear spots or not, I love this setup!

—Nathan