Hubs: KH vs. Koxx-One

Thanks for the replies everybody. I read what Kris Holm said on the matter (see the link above), and given his information (which was really exactly what I needed) I’ve decided that the KH would be better for me. woo! And I got a christmas bonus (unexpected) from work today, so maybe soon I will have a new cycle! One with two pedals!

I know this thread is discussing the Koxx cranks and the KH cranks, however, i read the other thread, and there seamed to still be some discussion as to wheather Profiles or KH cranks are stronger.
In my opinion, they are pretty much the exact same strength, i have bent several pairs of both, and broke one of each, and they both seem to take the exact same amount of abuse in order to bend. This is pretty interesting i thought, but that’s the conclusion i’ve come to.
As far as riding goes, I prefer the shorter crank length hands down, and the lighter weight is also good.

I wish i had some experience with riding koxx unicycles, so i could help out here, but i don’t, so i’d have to say that one should go with whatever they want. I realize this didn’t really help out on the subject of the thread that much, but i though i should share my experience anyways.

While we’re on the topic of bending cranks… I’ve found a bigger problem to be bending pedal axles… you know the next weakest link always goes.

-Ryan

I’ve bent cranks, but hey you can still ride with bent cranks. The most often occuring problem that I’ve had to face is pedals ripping loose in the cranks; ripping the threads out.