hub compatability

will a qu-ax 10 spline work with a kh trials wheelset with moments cranks because i am building a custom uni from the grond up and here is what i have so far . My custom uni

Frame Nimbus 11 20” frame $42.00
Hub Kris Holm Isis moment hub 2007 $62.00
Spokes kh 13 gauge black spokes $19.80
Rim Kris Holm trials rim 2007 $45.00
Rim tape kh 19 inch rim strip $4.00
Tube generic tube $4.99
Tire maxis creepy crawler $30.00
Cranks Kris Holm moments $77.00
Pedals dx pedals $19.00
Saddle nimbus gel saddle $39.00
Seat post Kris Holm seat post $20.00
TOTAL $362.79

Qu-ax 10 spline isn’t ISIS, so Moment cranks won’t work.

Frame Nimbus 11 20” frame $42.00
Hub Kris Holm Isis moment hub 2007 $62.00
Spokes kh 13 gauge black spokes $19.80
Rim Kris Holm trials rim 2007 $45.00
Rim tape kh 19 inch rim strip $4.00
Tube generic tube $4.99
Tire maxis creepy crawler $30.00
Cranks Kris Holm moments $77.00
Pedals dx pedals $19.00
Saddle nimbus gel saddle $39.00
Seat post Kris Holm seat post $20.00

Why spend so much? The stock Nimbus Trials Uni can be had for $250 or so with the Moments, then add another $15 for the tire upgrade and your still well below $300.

The things you’re upgrading are not really all that different from the Nimbus products. For instance, the Moment hub is the same as the Nimbus ISIS hub, the KH seat post is the same unless you’re upgrading to the bike style post with rail adaptor (an overkill for a 20"). So essentially you’re paying a bunch extra for KH branding and a custom wheel when there is nothing wrong with the Nimbus wheel.

BTW, Unicycle.com will give you an aluminum post in place of steel if you ask, and the price is the same. Also look at the QUAx Trials for $279! You could even do a Black Widow with the chromoly frame and change some parts there, probably work out cheaper and you’d have a better frame than the Nimbus II.

+1

My suggestion

If you want to go KH, the frame is one of the best parts.:slight_smile:

By the time you add up all that separate shipping costs, and pay yourself 1 $ labor, your custom will cost as much as a new KH from AEB (about 415 last I read ). And you still won’t have the KH frame and street seat.

The KH seat is a lot better then the Nimbus IMHO. Smaller, slimmer with a better draw string (vs staples ) cover. Unless there is some kind of new Nimbus street seat I haven’t seen, the Nimbus gell seat I have is much larger.

Kris Holm seatpost is 27.2mm, Nimbus II frames fit 25.4mm seatposts

jim

i just want a nimbus because my unicycling friends have nimbuses and i think they look nicer any way

If you get the Qu-Ax ISIS cranks, they will fit.

It all sounds good, but maybe go with the Nimbus hub. Also you could go with a CroMo post from UDC cause hat will be stronger, last longer, and weigh just a little bit more. A standard KH post is good to start with if you want to save weight.

Peer pressure is bad and don’t judge a book by its cover :wink:

Dude,
Just get a Nimbus Street X for like $275 with Moments or a Nimbus Trials and you have a way better uni. You don’t need to go over bord like me. I should have gotten that but I chose to get a 365 dollar uni and not have any money left over.

Pigs