How/when did you get into Unicycling

My cousin got me really into uni-ing, and then I got to be a member at this site, bought myself a CX during the summer, and learned to ride it within a month. I now also have a Nimbus Trials, and am learning some trials stuff.

since i didn’t have my car license i rode pretty much everything i could. i also was made novelty bikes, so then one day i decided to try something different and went out and got a uni. then a few months later i got a 24" Muni. now i pretty much like Muni but i still do freestyle and trials.

Wow, he does go pretty big, and fast:D

Last October I read about a study that was done and suggested doing balance skills made you smarter. I thought, “I can use every edge I can get! Now I’m already riding my bike almost everywhere. How can I take things up a notch? Elliminate a wheel! YEAH RIGHT!!!” But it got me curious and I started looking things up online and saw this photo.
A couple of weeks later I discovered I could ride my bike with no hands, so I told myself “If I can ride a bike with no hands it’s possible that maybee I can ride a unicycle.” Then I saw all the incredible trailers at UDC and said to myself “I’ve got to get into this!”.

At the bigining of April I got a DX 24". Now I have three (one given to me by a random person while I was practicing), and anqiously awaiting my Pedalo balance trainer which should be here any day now!:smiley:

How do you insert photos directly to the forum?

Resize your photo to a maximum width of 640 pixels as a courtesy to the other members. When you are replying or starting a new thread, first add your text, then scroll down to the manage attachments button. Browse your computer for the resized photo you just made and attach it. Then submit the reply.

Here are some similar threads:

WHY?

HOW?

HOW AND WHEN?

I used the advanced search function for these few results, titles only, RSU only, keyword=start. Many threads have been started with this question being asked and you could find many of them with a different search technique. The search function can give you many more responses than you will ever get in one thread and it is a good feature to learn to use.

If you ask a question that has been asked many times before, some of the interesting responses and stories won’t be posted in your thread. People tire of answering the same question repeatedly.

i started reding about 3 or 4 mouts agow im a mtb er so i thought that uni would help me with balince and it did and i love my uni:) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think it’s time someone gave the poor old Torker CX a little credit. Mostly all that’s said about the CX is unfavorable but there are probably more people who have learned on a CX than on all other’s put together. Granted that it won’t take the abuse that advanced riding involves. It’s still a great uni to learn on and with it’s price, it’s the gateway that brings the lifeblood of new unicycleists into the sport.

ive never ridden one i learned on a savage which is probably worse or just as bad. jk they are okay for learning but have horrible seats.

I got sent to Riverside Military Academy in gainsville, Ga and everyday after school we were forced to do some activity like soccer or football or basebal…i played soccer and my comp sci teacher (maj. carpender) brought his uni out one day. i spend about a week learning on his 24" schwinn. it was the only thing that kept me sane in that place.

I used to ride freestyle BMX. I figured if I could ride wheelies as far as I wanted, I could probably ride a unicycle.

I had a gilfriend who was a circus performer, she took mehere
what can i say, i got inspired and unicycling was sweet.
i was just plain riding around for about 8 months before i even realised that there was more than just going from A to B. Thanks for the insight unicyclist.com

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to learn to ride a unicycle and do you think plain unicycle riding is harder than riding the wheelies or vice versa?

nice we actully have a pro performer here does rock salute and head bangs