how to get RSU working on usenet...

Ok I have no idea how to get this (RSU) working in Outlook. I can learn it, I just have never done it before. Can someone tell me how to set it up?

If you want to view the newsgroup rec.sport.unicycling, you need a news server to connect to. I am using teranews.com which is free (actually costs $4 one-time account setup fee).

Then you need to setup your news-reading software with the name of the server and your login info. Outlook doesn’t support this, but Outlook Express does and works fine. Just do: Tools->Accounts->Add->News and enter the obvious stuff. Once connected, it will take a minute for it to download all the possible newsgroups (over 70000) and then you pick which ones to subscribe to. There are lots of other newsreaders besides Outlook Express if you prefer. Check out Thunderbird at www.mozilla.org - I think it works a little better than Outlook Express.

Good luck,
Nathan

Now why would outlook express work with it but not outlook…
You sure you got them right? OE is free with Windows and Outlook you buy as part of Office.

Re: how to get RSU working on usenet…

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:25:29 -0600, Rayden wrote:

>Ok I have no idea how to get this (RSU) working in Outlook. I can learn
>it, I just have never done it before. Can someone tell me how to set it
>up?

I am reading and posting via usenet, but I don’t use Outlook. It will
work but I think the interface isn’t really suited to usenet use. I
suggest you use FreeAgent. I downloaded it from <www.forteinc.com>. If
you need guidance LMK.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“Heck, even my toes were aching from trying to grip the soles of my shoes! - Tommy Thompson”