How much have YOU spent?

five hundred an fifty-thousand dollars…

so far…I have about $700 worth although I myself have only spent $190 about. Though I owe my mom around $250 or $300, but i dont think she remembers this…I’ll remind her sometime…

A bit too much…

and cent’s

i have been riding for 10 month and have only spent
£78
no one inclued postage. I got my uni for my birthday so i have spent money on upgrades
£35 on a kh inc postage
£25 on 661’s
£18 on two set of pedals

Me and my dad have spent £1,500 (= 2,900 USD) on:

x1 MUni
x1 Custom Muni
x1 Custom Trials
x3 Freestyle
x1 Giraffe
Loads of padding, helmets, gloves, shoes, computer etc

As Harper said:
‘What I got in return is lots of unicycles and cool hardware and lots of great new friends from all over the world. An unbelievable bargain, all things told. Cheap. Really cheap.’ - I agree!

and Krashin’Kenny said:
‘Learning to ride a uni= PRICELESS!!!’

:smiley:

Joe,

Unicycling is a huge bargain, if one is starting from scratch you could probably buy your learner uni and then a couple specialty unis and only be into it for about $1,000.

For other hobbies and uncounted $$$: Skiing for 30+ years, Road Biking & related equipment, and Family biking (Mt. Bike, Burley Trailer, “Trail-A-Bike”, Tandem, Kid’s Bikes, panniers, helmets, etc).

As for unicycling, we had about $600 worth of stuff collected over the years. Over the past couple years let’s just say a budget of $20 per week should about cover it. Although, that figure will drop significantly in 2004.

But like other active hobbies; There is great satisfaction from the training, excercise and time spent in the activity by itself but the real pleasure is the comraderie and fun with old friends and new.

Re: How much have YOU spent?

I’ve spent about 50 hours. If these had been billable hours I’d have earned a few thousand dollars. I’ve also spent three bruises - left knee, left forarm and butt - but in compensation I’ve recieved a substantial net positive satisfaction from a few successful freemounts.

My costs in self-esteem expenses have been occasionally very high, and I have had to purchase two unicycles as capital equipment, but the mental bonuses have more than made up for it. So (putting on the green eyeshades and powering up my calculator), on balance I’ve made a profit of $1,356.87. Next year I hope to do even better.

been unicycling since november

$250 on my summit

$6 on and extreme gulp and refills while uniing

parents want to buy me leg armor (i’m not complaining)

Oooh…
From memory, so not completely accurate:

£50.00 first uni, about 17 years ago.
£20.00 replacement tyres for same.
£10.00 replacement pedals.
£15.00 replacement seat and post.

£95.00 ish, in the first 15 years. Followed by, roughly

£280.00 Coker
£120.00 20
£114.00 24
£130.00 28
£135.00 26
£ 10.00 vintage 20
£ 20.00 crummy giraffe
£100.00 4 sets good pedals
£100.00 various cranks
£ 60.00 tyres and tubes
£ 20.00 lights

£1090.00 approx on unis and spares or upgrades

Plus the original £95 = £1185.00

Plus Camelbak, odd tools, drinks bottles and pouch, helmets, wristguards, other padding, petrol to get to rides…

I guess that in simple terms of equipment, including clothing, unicycling has cost me £1500.00 in 2 years. That’s about US$2250, give or take.

But now I’m much fitter (apart from my chin and tooth) and Roger’s much richer, so it’s money well spent. For comparison, my last motorbike cost me £100 per month in depreciation for 2 years, and averaged £1.00 a day for tyres.

more than i’d care to admit.

more than I can afford.

I agree with Tommy on this one. I would not want my wife to see this post if I listed the actual $$$ amount I have in my 3 daughters and my unicycles.

What I will admit, we have a total of 7 unicycles.

Another recreational sport that I have been looking into for a couple of years would cost me at least a $8500.00 initial “investment;)”, then maintainence costs. Comparitively, unicycling is really cheap! --chirokid–

Somehow, I almost believe that…

And how much have you made back from selling your unicycles to us lucky readers?

The 2 freestyle unicycles and the 29er add up to about 820$. A rough estimate of costs of accesories and replacement parts would be about 70$

Total: somewhere near 890$

I think Sem Abrahams wins the who has spent the most award. I don’t know how much his three super tall world record unicycles cost, but it has to be a lot. There is the cost of the unicycle itself, the design of the unicycle, the cost of renting the cranes, and other expenses. That has got to be a lot. Sem has other unicycle toys too besides the tall world record unicycles. I nominate Sem for high spender.

Web site for Sem’s world record attempt for the tallest unicycle: http://semcycle.biz/record/

I will make a list with the things.

Old unicycle 150 €
siegmono 200 €
giraffe 230 €
KH 20 inch Trial 400 €
3 clubs 90 €
3 torches 90 €
8 balls 60 €
3 diabolo’s 90 €
and a lot more stuff

Ferko

Well my uni was a christmas present a year ago so that doesn’t count, but since then i have updated it a bit…

• KH Velo Seat - £35.00 (inc p+p)
  • Nice chunky tyre - £10.99
  • New pedals - £14.99
  • Nimbus XXX frame - £32.00
  • New Bearings - £4.99
  • Repair kit - £4.00

TOTAL: £101.97

• £1.50 every saturday for unicycle club

Wow that’s more than a thought that’s where all my money has gone…

Probably $400 US for a 24" Torker Unistar, a 20" Yuni freestyle, an KH seat and a cheap seatpost for the Torker, a pair of pedals, and wirst guards. Oh, and a pair of bmx shoes on sale for $10.00.
I’m plotting to replace the Torker frame with a Yuni or Semcycle so I can use a hookworm tire. Then later I 'll upgrade the wheel which I’ll justify by putting the old one back on the Torker, etc. etc. etc. That’s why wives are driven to distraction. :slight_smile:

Re: How much have YOU spent?

20"
24"
5ft raffie
R2500 = $357 = 250 pounds

we should’ve kept a running total
an average per rider would’ve been interesting
(if anyone working thru a nightshift has the time and inclination…hint,hint)