How much abuse will it stand?

I was just wondering how much abuse my unicycle will stand. I have a nimbus II unicycle that my friend gave me when he got a new one. This is it new at unicycle.com :
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1198

I learned how to ride it and am getting really interested in street, I can go backwards, 180 hops, and up and down stairs, and crank stalling. :slight_smile: I am trying to save up for a street unicycle but right now I can’t afford one.

I have dropped about three feet with out breaking my unicycle but I don’t want to break it before I get a new one. How much more can I do before for instance the wheel rim collapses or the cranks break?

-Thanks

not much longer if you continue to do hops and drops on it. Take it easy on it. You need a splined a hub and a much stronger rim if you’re plannin on street

It’s metal fatigue, people, not “how hard” something can be hit. Keep doing 3’ drops, or a lot more 2’ drops, and eventually the axle will break. That’s a major repair, but at least these days you can get new axles. Taco-ing a wheel is not quite so major; you only need to replace rim & spokes.

So start saving up, and ride gently until you can afford a beefier cycle. If it breaks, you can still fix it.

not very long. Even small hops on a unicycle like that are kidna dangerous, non splined axles, single walled rims all dont like hops. And I would disagree with anyone saying Two foot drops are ok, you can break that with a 20cm drop if you dont land particularly well, and you can definately bend the cranks!

so far i’ve been careful with mine, not doing many drops, but yesterday i was trying crankrolls and static wraps for the hell of it and one of my cranks is slightly bent :frowning: at least im getting my nimbus trials soon :smiley:

Ok thanks

I will be more careful from now on,

I am looking for a new unicycle and am saving up for it.

This one could stand up to drops and grinds right?

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1035

probably would however upgrade to kh moments the quax ones arent the best