How many clubs are out there?

Looking around on the net, and reading people’s profiles, I’m seeing a lot of different clubs. What clubs are out there, and where are they?

Redford Township Unicycle Club, Redford, Michigan
We are just west of Detroit and have been around since 1975.

uXu

utah extreme unicyclists
is my club in and around south jordan utah.

Gold Country Unicyclists, in the Sacramento, CA area. But we don’t really exist at present. Someday we may start up again when we have a practice place.

Meanwhile, John Hooten organizes unicycle practices on Wednesday nights currently. This is nominally his Troop 121 Boy Scout unicycle group, but it has grown to a general group of unicyclists of all ages, with several parents learning to ride as well. If this group has a name it’s probably Troopizi.

We used to have a 4H unicycle group here as well, called the Eureka Granite Bay 4H Clown Arounds. That group has faded away, largely replaced by Troopizi.

There are lots of unicycle clubs and semi-organized groups around this country, the majority of which are not in communication with each other. Lots of schools have unicycle programs and/or do shows, and there are lots of small to medium-sized community groups that ride in parades or shows of their own. Only a small percentage of them are known to larger organizations like the Unicycling Society of America.

MUC

The Memphis Unicyle Club has been around for 2 years now. This wonderfully joyous and silly club just grows, grows and grows. It is all very fun and has taken on a life of its own. We have about 20 - 25 regulars but about 50 on our e-mailing list. If you wold like to be added to our e-newsletter list just e-mail me. We are filing for our non-profit status tomorrow! An entire new chapter begins then - Yikes!

Tommy@memphisunicycleclub.com

Tommy

A Go Go Cycle is…

… a Go Go Cycle is two discs with pedals on the sides, similar to a unicycle without the seat, it was available in the 60’s and again in the 80’s.

~Calvin
Original Go Go Cycle inventor’s son (not kidding)

Re: How many clubs are out there?

On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:22:10 -0500, “calvint” wrote:

>Original Go Go Cycle inventor’s son (not kidding)

Are you one of those folks who skim the whole Usenet every so often on
specific strings (such as Go Go Cycle in your case)?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the comfort of Savage unis

Man, I wish my troop was that cool. it was overrun with new scouts who (waves every 2 months) so we stopped doing real activities. I ran off and joined other scouting things and now my scout master won’t sign off for scout spirit for my Eagle.

Just some ranting, sorry.

UNIANT - Unicycling Association of the Northern Territory, they are currently trying to become incorporated, and there are a bunch of unicyclists in Katherine, Alice Springs, and various other areas within the Northern Territory that are going to join this association… hopefully!!! http://www.unicyclingnt.com
We have weekly rides and are hosting the Australian Nationals in 2004… just thought i’d let you know about a club from somewhere other than America :slight_smile: … we’ve been together for about 6 months i think… anyway, anyone that’s going to UNICON XII say hello to Debbie Hyder, the current president for our club and one of the few Australians that are going this year!

You mean UniNats 2005 :slight_smile:

The Edmonton Unicycle Club: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Check out the website if you like: http://www.unicycling.net/edmonton

-Dale