How long til someone can do this?

I looked at Corbis to see if I cold find any more info on that Muni Cell phone background, they have quite a few cool unicycling images.

But my questions is how long until someone, perhaps Julien Monney is able to do this:

CB023144.jpg

forever. it cant be done. go ahead quote me and say it can- i know it cant.

I’ve done that before but without a tie. That would be impossible with a tie on.

I can do it, but not if the sky’s cloudy. That guy has some serious skill!

The hardest trick I have ever seen is a toss up between Julian’s stand on seat coasting and a trick similar to the picture above. A young Chinese acrobat was Unicycling upside down, with their legs in the air on a giraffe unicycle (with their hands pedalling). Oh, and they were riding on a slack rope :slight_smile:

Re: How long til someone can do this?

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:12:06 -0600, peter.bier wrote:

>A young
>Chinese acrobat was Unicycling upside down, with their legs in the air
>on a giraffe unicycle (with their hands pedalling). Oh, and they were
>riding on a slack rope :slight_smile:

Is there a picture or even video anywhere?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort”

Go see the Great Chinese Circus!

You guys can’t do that? :thinking:

That frame looks pretty cool

http://web.telia.com/~u51105799/reino_pic.htm
Bamm!

Those two pics on that site, looks as though there may not actually be a frame on the wheel though…

Correct. He’s riding an ultimate wheel in a way no one else can.

I think riding an ultimate wheel inverted should be quite a bit harder than a giraffe, assuming the giraffe gives you shoulder support. If not, the giraffe gets the props. But I assume it does, or there’s no way to “lever” the thing; to keep your body aligned in relation to the frame. This is not an issue with an ultimate.

Mel Hall used to ride an ultimate wheel inverted also, though I never heard of him doing it on a slack wire. He supposedly spent a long time, and broke a lot of bones, trying to learn the dive from a regular unicycle to the inverted riding of his UW.