How long did you take?

Hey there im feelin a bit unsure.
Ive been unicycleing fore about a month now and i am progressing but not to the rate i would like.
I was just wondering how long other peps took to learn the art. How long did it take you to learn tricks.
I can.
Ride along confidentely.
Ride of curbs
Jump about 15cm
Hopp a bit higher
I can also do a 180 jump mont and a left and right mount
would you say this is about average
Im realy trying to learn to idle and ride backwards but its so darn frustrating and i just can’t get it. :angry:
~
many thanx :astonished:
josh

It’s better than me, I’d say it’s pretty good for a months riding!
Welcome to the forums.

Another UK rider!

I would say that you are definitely doing better than average, I have been riding for years and still can not idle and suck at going backwards. I am more into MUni and big wheeling than tricks though.

You’re excellent for a month, don’t worry.

well thank you very much guys
just lerning to ride backwards n do a double side mount:)

thats pretty good dude ,i been riding for bout a month now myself,i can ride about a normal driveways length,i can static mount(not every time) and i can sort of idle from time to time-----i love to ride!

keep up the riding and good luck to you

Damn, not bad for a month.
I’ve been riding for over 3 years now and I still can’t idle, backwards is shit, and unispins and such are out of the question. I’m more interested in distance and muni so I haven’t exactly put a ton of effort into that stuff. Still, it would be nice to be better at it.

Nice!

I’ve been riding for about a month as well.

I’m confident in my riding (took me about a week and a half riding my friends 20" Sun to figure everything out balance-wise)
I can ride up and down curbs.
I’ve been getting the hang of jumping up stairs (down is no problem)
I’m getting very close to riding backwards (I’m going to raise my seat because it seems easier when my legs are more extended)
Still can’t idle for the life of me.

Time wise (since you asked), it took me probably 8 - 10 hours just to learn to ride. A day’s worth of practice to learn to go up and down curbs. Two day’s to learn how to hop around. I still don’t know exactly how high I can hop, but high enough to get up a stair. Riding backwards has taken a bit longer – probably put in 4 hours so far and furthest I’ve gone is probably 50 feet.

You’ve still got a few things over me, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Dude your fine. everyone progresses at their own speed. just do whats fun… for example i like to push myself and enjoy learning a new trick or getting a new high jump record. On other days i just wanna ride and do everthing that i can just to relax. Do what is fun and try not to get frustrated cuz it makes everythin worse
-Jarom

I agree with what polevaultinunicyclist just said. Except, instead of the high jump record. I am more the high speed rider. :stuck_out_tongue:

I started in the fall. I can free mount about 10% of the time. Otherwise, I use a curb/car to prop myself up. Suck at idling, suck at backwards, can ride down a 2 set of stairs and do itty bitty hops. I’m pretty sure I suck though.

Yea i have been riding for a month also and i have a few things down:
1)Ride as long as i want
2)Free mount
3)Ride off of a curb
4)Hop a tiny bit

But my Problem is hopping for a long time and hopping high. Any tips?
Also in a month or so im considering a K1 Custom or a KH 20 would the wider tire and the handle on the help any? :slight_smile:

i have been riding since september whit my KH parts, and i do these tricks:

-180 unspin
-360 unspin
-540 unspin (i got it last week)

• 2,15 m long jump
    -10 sets stair jump
    -etc

ive been riding bout nearly 2 months in a week or so.

so far i can only static mount ride far and hop once without stacking, anything after is pure pain lolz.

You’re a bit ahead of me and today is now my third week. I hope to have what you have down in the next few weeks. Sounds like you are certainly above the average learning curve.
I am trying to get Idle down too, I can stop and go again and hop only about 2 inches with pedals in either position, if I go more I would prob UPD.
Dont think I could go of a curb quite yet but Im close.
Make sure you practice up and down hills, thats what Im working on.
Oh, and I can freemount with either foot 9 times out of ten, my left turns are good, right are coming along

How often and how long do you ride. I average about 8-10 hours a week.
I ride almost everyday

Oh, and to all…

This thread is useless without pics or video !!!

I try to ride at least a hour a day but that has just started about a week ago for my firs to weeks i mastered riding then it got boring for the third week, THEN i discoverd this webcite and realized all of the posibilitys of unicycling like all the stuff you can do and started full on this week. Since Friday last week i have bothe turns and hopping and going off of curbs. Thats what i learned this week. NOW im saving all my money and sellling all of my stuff to get a K1 or KH20. Im working on hopping then doing a 180, almost got that today but i am sick and all of the bouncing made my head feel like it was going to explode! haha

2 weeks into it…

I’ve been on my uni for just under two weeks and I am starting to go down curbs (small ones, mind you) and I can freemount most of the time; however I still have an issue of leaning too far forward allowing the unicycle to become a launchpad and shooting me off.

I am having difficulty with stalling and hopping, by hopping I mean just getting the wheel off the ground a few times. Trying to idle is still a joke, however I’m getting confident in doing a free mount like this:

2 weeks into it…

I’ve been on my uni for just under two weeks and I am starting to go down curbs (small ones, mind you) and I can freemount most of the time; however I still have an issue of leaning too far forward allowing the unicycle to become a launchpad and shooting me off.

I am having difficulty with stalling and hopping, by hopping I mean just getting the wheel off the ground a few times. Trying to idle is still a joke, however I’m getting confident in doing a free mount like this:

I am also starting to get a feel for turning, still not a gracious flowing arc, it’s more like a jagged edge of doom. Oh yeah, I’m actually starting to get feeling in my crotch again!! (the first few days made me believe I’d never have more kids)

I’ve been riding now 2 weeks. I can ride 40 feet on my own and ride off the handicapped entrance in the curb wildly and out of control into the street and almost into a cafe. I cant control my turns yet. Thats my accomplishment so far lol.